Page 213 of 351 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Fugging HOT!
    You guys out West, take care next week. You guys are supposed to SCORTCH!
    Yes we are! ..... Environment Canada is already predicting temperature records are going to be broken this weekend.... on Vancouver Island we will be in the low thirty degrees Celsius.The BC interior looks as though they will be in the low 40 degrees C! :shock:
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I'd prefer it to the crap weather we had yesterday. Incidentally those storms never materialized. At least not in this area. It's going to be cooler and less humid today and Thursday. Then we get hit with 8 or more days of rain, showers and thundershowers starting Friday and continuing till next Friday.
    We got hit with this last Tues. http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/...through_s.html

The last couple of days here have been fairly brutal. Lots of storm damage in and near Richmond, and lots of power outages. I seem to be in the sweet spot, nothing severe in my immediate area, but opportunities abound today...

This evening (Saturday) we've been getting hammered, heavy wind out of the east off the ocean and torrential rain, damn chilly too. The NWS has a flood warning up with "get to high ground immediately", no if, just immediately. Gee, no shit Sherlock, the scanner is jumping with flood reports, trees down too, Manasquan a bit north of me just got the OEM truck out for high water rescue. A bit farther north in Sea Girt "Take them out of the jail cells!", it looks like the municipal building is playing Titanic... glug glug glug. Oh well tomorrow's another day, mostly sunny and warm around 80.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

The Summer W/O Air Conditioners

Over the last 20 years, there seems to have been a change in the weather cycles.

I would say that both Summer and Winter are becoming more moderate; I remember winters in the early '90 being much colder for extended periods of time, I mean like -17 degrees in January and February. In the past five years, we've hardly had any below zero days in this area.

Used-to-be that we always had "The D'Aug Daze of Summer" that started in June, peaked in August and carried through September with +90 degree days with high humidity. It's not like that anymore; this feels like summer in Boston or the Finger Lakes area of NYS.

Because I have so many electrical devices drawing current, my utility bill is 4 times that of my next door neighbors. I have learned to suffer thru the heat until July 1st and then I install my window air conditioners which severely impact my usage of Kilo-watt hours. The air conditioners double my electric charges for the 4 months that they are installed.

With night time temperatures dropping into the high '50, so far I haven't had the need to install the window units, the ceiling fans keep it comfortable enough; this could be the "Summer W/O Air Conditioners."

Once the temps start reaching the upper 60's/low 70's the air conditioning comes on here and stays on.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Sunny weather, temps going up to 36 or 37 C tomorrow and the days after, so a heatwave is on it's way.
    Meh...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Wow !! Compared to a lot of places our weather here is relatively "cool". We only had 1 or 2 days so far where the temps got into the high 80's. Today was warm, maybe around 77 and the next 7 days is only calling for temps only in the low 80's. Not bad. The longer it stays mild like this the closer we get to the end of summer.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    Wow !! pretty nasty. Wonder if this was related to tropical storm Bill ? I know someone who was flying up the east coast round that time and encountered incredibly bad turbulence. Round here nothing happened. Whatever it was never reached us.

Had a nice little round of monsoonal thunderstorms here about two hours ago. Not a lot of rain (.02") but some really good electrical action. Temp was about 80F.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.