Page 211 of 351 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    when when water falls out of the sky? It’s happening here right now, but it’s been so long since I’ve seen it that I can’t remember what the correct word for it is.
    We're getting a wee bit of that now. A nice gentle rain that might do some good instead of the usual downpour that all runs down the washes to Yuma. The high temp here was around 64F (17.78G) and last week we had a couple of days at 101F (38.3G).
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I haven't said anything about the weather lately so I guess I must be enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    We're getting a wee bit of that now. A nice gentle rain that might do some good instead of the usual downpour that all runs down the washes to Yuma. The high temp here was around 64F (17.78G) and last week we had a couple of days at 101F (38.3G).
    .63" so far on my fancy new rain gauge.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It's unusually cool here for this time of year. Very low humidity and temps in the 40's overnight. And an unusual absence of the showers and thunderstorms that usually prevail in late spring. But I ain't complaining. In fact I wish it would stay like this all summer long.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

God Damn she is getting mighty warm outside!! .......... it broke a 30 year old record of 30 degrees Celsius yesterday,today it promises to go warmer than that at 30+ ........ all under totally clear skies and for most of the upcoming week...... summer is early! and going to be a warmer, drier one than last summer!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Typical for this time of year. Before the rain came back people started screaming drought. It didn't rain for 2 weeks. It has rained pretty consistently though since a year ago Spring.

Enjoyed the warm and sunny weather today mostly sitting in the garden sipping my coffee and laptop on the table. ( 22C)
    Friday we had the warmest day since 1905 35+ C in june, followed that evening by rain, hail and thunderstorms.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Today has to be the most brutal, hot, humid day I have experienced in years. It's like hell on earth out there. You don't even have to move, just sit still and you pour sweat. Day's like this makes me really appreciate air conditioning. I am in my home office now with the air conditioning set at about 67 degrees. It is murder outside. There has been a severe thunderstorm (and now tornado) watch out all day and now it's extended till 9:000 (now 11:30) pm. Say what you want about cold weather and winter and snow. I'll take 15 deg F with snow over this crap any day. This hot/humid weather drains the life out of you. . This is some lousy weather.
    Last edited by n2ize; 06-23-2015 at 06:07 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

You know, it was -5°F (-21°C) at McMurdo station today, John. You should visit.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Sounds like he's after your trophy Carl. The coveted "WLB" award.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15