Page 196 of 351 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

20 deg here heading to -1 below zero
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

We got to 14 degrees Celsius today.......... 5th time this week......... it has accelerated almost every plant buds to poke out of the ground.....the fair bit of sun today was quite warm to stand in.... bloody spring appears to be kicking in 6 weeks early for us the last few years......... take it as it goes
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    The local TV stations this morning are in code red alert status. We have the slight possibility of 1/10" of sleet/ice by 9:00am. One station has a mobile reporter out on the road. The breaking news is that the fellow found 3 sleet pellets on the grass in Ashland, about 20 miles north of Richmond.

I'm going to the grocery store to buy beer and burritos (surely they are out of bread and milk by now).

*sigh*
    Oh my GOD !!! How will you survive down there ???? 1/10 " of sleet wouldn't make last century's papers up here. :(

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    We got to 14 degrees Celsius today.......... 5th time this week......... it has accelerated almost every plant buds to poke out of the ground.....the fair bit of sun today was quite warm to stand in.... bloody spring appears to be kicking in 6 weeks early for us the last few years......... take it as it goes
    36 deg F in Whitehorse. We are colder down here than the Yukon. Then again the highs up there last week were around -22.

The wind blow'd up today. Fiddy MPH gusts in all kinds of directions. Blow'd the power out real good. Ole tree took out a line anna pole.
    Winded up reel good.

Tingle in my bones just thinkin bout the weather.

We're having a cold snap here, too. Only going to get to 73°F (23°C) by the end of the week.

9C here, 2nd winter in a row that passed without being a winter, few night frosts a few flurries of snow, that was it.
    Good for the heating bill though, grass is growing again, seriously thinking about using round up and pave over the stuff like I did in the back garden already....
    Sunny, dry now, rest of the month the same as it looks now with slowly rising temps.
    2012 and 2013 we had a serious winter, the last 2 including this one were a no winter, as in all the surrounding countries...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

We got down to -2 overnight with wind chills of -24. Right now it's 3 with a wind chill of - 19, only getting a high of 8 today
    [SIGPIC] 73

Forum Addict
    Latest snowfall predictions are 70% for 2", 50% for 4"...enough to shut things down for a few days.

Have a few hundred pounds of sand/pavers in my truck, got my shovel and ice scraper out of the storage unit. Fired the generator up today, have a mini-fridge stocked with protein bars and beer.

Bring it.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry