Page 195 of 351 FirstFirst ... 95145185193194195196197205245295 ... LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,950 of 3501

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Aww, give them a break Luke, it gives those weather guys a chance to wear their "Storm Team" jackets. Our WX has been pretty mild this year. I was not displeased with the ground hog predicting 6 more weeks of winter.
    Fat chance! I'm suffering horribly with the flu (thank goodness I got a flu shot, eh?), laryngitis is so bad I can only whisper. My only recourse is to yell with my keyboard! I'd use all caps, but that's so annoying...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Conch Master
    Oops, sorry to hear that. The wife brought me Type A for the X-mas holiday. It took me about 4 weeks to clear out my lungs. Be careful you don't get pneumonia.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Back to weather, I've been writing about witch's tits and brass monkeys, come the weekend the bottom falls out. I'm hibernating in my bear cave, I picked the only warmish day to forage for food so I'm staying put. January and February are always the coldest months and this one is an Arctic zone, then we March into April. She's all wet and I hope she has sense enough to get out of the way when May and June come.

BTW I knew a June once, man you don't know what UGLY is!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Fat chance! I'm suffering horribly with the flu (thank goodness I got a flu shot, eh?), laryngitis is so bad I can only whisper. My only recourse is to yell with my keyboard! I'd use all caps, but that's so annoying...
    Sorry about that, Luke.
    Bruce McCulloch

, the guy who was in Kids in the Hall. He did that.

Gonna get pretty damn cold this weekend...

Bundle up those who will be affected by it...

Jason N8XE
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by N8XE View Post
    Cold?? Hardly. A high of 83°F (28°C) is predicted for tomorrow.

Huh. 84 degrees here today, tomorrow probably higher. The weeds and wild grass sure like it. If it gets much worse, I'm going to have to get a brush hog for the tractor. At least I'll never need a snow blower attachment for it.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by N8XE View Post

Bundle up those who will be affected by it...

Jason N8XE
    Yeah, we are forcast to see temps dip in the single digits and even below zero on at least a few nights. In addition to the bitter cold there is also a high wind watch in effect saturday afternoon into sunday afternoon which will accompany a snowstorm and then more bitter cold for at least the next week.

We are actually colder right now than some parts of the Canadian Yukon territory. At this rate I won't have to move up there.

So far this is one of the coldest winters we have had since I've been living here. And yet, despite the cold weather the heavily polluted Bronx River ( less than 1/4 mile from me) still won't freeze. Sometimes after an extremely cold night you will see a yellowish waxy coating on the surface of it "water" but it dissolves as soon as the sun hits it.
    Last edited by n2ize; 02-13-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Cold?? Hardly. A high of 83°F (28°C) is predicted for tomorrow.
    We didn't get that high today....... we got to about 61 degrees F today,or if you want it in the proper way the rest of the world measures temperatures,it was 16 degrees Celsius
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Having a "White Out" ! That wind out there is nasty, blowing the snow coming down around. Temp. dropping woke up and it was 27 at 7 am, now down to 15.
    [SIGPIC] 73