Page 164 of 351 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Can you hit the Palomar Mountain repeater on 146.730- 107.2?
    What's the Echolink/IRLP node #?
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Now, if they could just find names for rain and fire.
    Fire? Evelyn. She was Argentine, Italian, Mexican and Puerto Rican. Napalm envied her.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

It appears the pineapple express bomb finally got us this morning! .......7 am woke up 40 millimeters of rain that hit us in 12 hours it cleared up a bit and watched the temperature climb to 18 degrees C around noon and then the 90 kilometer per hour winds hit for a couple hours and lost power for 6 hours.....the Cowichan Valley here on Vancouver Island(Duncan is in the middle of the valley) was the hardest hit on the coast.We took a little damage and a person was hurt around the corner from me when a Douglas fir tree fell on his car.....a fair bit of damage to power lines and a few trees fell on houses.They clocked some winds on the west coast of the island at 110-120 Kph...... yikes! Its looking to be a fairly consistent pattern for the upcoming rumoured El Nino event! :-|
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    It appears the pineapple express bomb finally got us this morning! .......7 am woke up 40 millimeters of rain that hit us in 12 hours it cleared up a bit and watched the temperature climb to 18 degrees C around noon and then the 90 kilometer per hour winds hit for a couple hours and lost power for 6 hours.....the Cowichan Valley here on Vancouver Island(Duncan is in the middle of the valley) was the hardest hit on the coast.We took a little damage and a person was hurt around the corner from me when a Douglas fir tree fell on his car.....a fair bit of damage to power lines and a few trees fell on houses.They clocked some winds on the west coast of the island at 110-120 Kph...... yikes! Its looking to be a fairly consistent pattern for the upcoming rumoured El Nino event! :-|
    This guy can help with insurance for that stuff.

maxwell2.jpg
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I couldn't understand a thing he said, Eddie. Except that some terrorist was throwing pineapple bombs, a few people got hurt, and the power went out. Millimeters, C, and KPH..... What language is that?
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    I couldn't understand a thing he said, Eddie. Except that some terrorist was throwing pineapple bombs, a few people got hurt, and the power went out. Millimeters, C, and KPH..... What language is that?
    Excuse me....... it's "unmericun" language.......the kind of code of the canajun speak we do
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

This guy can help with insurance for that stuff.

maxwell2.jpg
    That little weeeeeeeee is just plain marvelous!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Excuse me....... it's "unmericun" language.......the kind of code of the canajun speak we do
    I hear ya man.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post

Im not sure, but I got a clue earlier when he said he could see Putin from his porch. I didn't know they even had porches in Canada. Who Gnu?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Im not sure, but I got a clue earlier when he said he could see Putin from his porch. I didn't know they even had porches in Canada. Who Gnu?
    Porches?...... oh yeah, we have porches in Canada.....we are a sophisticated culture in fact