Page 159 of 351 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 3505

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Today was hot and humid in the attic all fucking day.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Well ........ our storm and wind warnings are gone and the remnants of Hurricane Ana really were disappointing for all the hype we got from the weather office.....damn thing didn't even come close to the last one we got in 1986... just a strong breeze and only damage was I ended up with someone's rain umbrella in my front yard.....dodged a bullet more like it......but hey you never know....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Forum Addict
    It was rather warm.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Well ........ our storm and wind warnings are gone and the remnants of Hurricane Ana really were disappointing for all the hype we got from the weather office.....damn thing didn't even come close to the last one we got in 1986... just a strong breeze and only damage was I ended up with someone's rain umbrella in my front yard.....dodged a bullet more like it......but hey you never know....
    Consider yourself lucky. The Nor'easter we had last week was hell for 3 days with winds up to 60MPH and Cape Cod, MA got really slammed as usual. Much worse than we got for sure. We can get 3 or more of those in the fall alone.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Consider yourself lucky. The Nor'easter we had last week was hell for 3 days with winds up to 60MPH and Cape Cod, MA got really slammed as usual. Much worse than we got for sure. We can get 3 or more of those in the fall alone.
    Winds here were at least 60 mph with some higher gusts to 80 or 90. The rain was coming in the windows because it was falling vertically, smashed against the windows making its way into every tiny crack or crevice. Power was out over wide areas and as usual heavy flooding and downed trees were rampant. It was the worst storm I've seen since Sandy.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

".....dodged a bullet more like it......"
    That's what they'd like you to think.
    ".....the remnants of Hurricane Ana really were disappointing for all the hype we got from the weather office....."
    That's the key word right there, HYPE as in sensationalism that pervades news and weather reporting these days. They jump up and down like James Brown, then when it's over say "whew, we dodged a bullet". BAH! Years ago before going to bed I waited up for the next day's forecast and when the weatherman (a REAL METEOROLOGIST, not some fluffy blonde bimbo) calmly said be sure to carry an umbrella I knew we were in for it.

This pubic servslice brought to you by your not so friendly neighborhood grumpy old bastid. Pepperidge Farm isn't the only one that remembers.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

It's a brisk 42 degrees in Hutchinson KS this morning. Absolutely gorgeous! Not a cloud in the sky. I think its what they call Sever Clear. No haze, fog or anything! Enjoying it thoroughly.

Master Navigator
    Overcast, 47 degrees in this corner of Minnesota. We often have snow on the ground for Halloween, but not this year. Picture all those little ice princesses turning blue, and you get the picture, however. Forecast is 22 degrees overnight Friday... BRRRRRR...

Quote Originally Posted by AF5TY View Post
    It's a brisk 42 degrees in Hutchinson KS this morning. Absolutely gorgeous! Not a cloud in the sky. I think its what they call Sever Clear. No haze, fog or anything! Enjoying it thoroughly.
    Telescope weather!

Astronomy is my most challenging hobby. I have a small, but decent telescope, and I'm like a bumbling idiot with it.
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Quote Originally Posted by ad4mg View Post
    Telescope weather!

Astronomy is my most challenging hobby. I have a small, but decent telescope, and I'm like a bumbling idiot with it.
    As well as without it....:stickpoke:
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL