Page 141 of 353 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 3526

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

80° and 77% humidity. Sounds more like your neck of the woods than San Diego, Charles.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    80° and 77% humidity. Sounds more like your neck of the woods than San Diego, Charles.
    California needs rain and Texas needs a brain.

Good Gawd!! .......it was sunny, hot and a ridiculous 34 degrees Celsius on what the weather people who know now say this is one of,if not,the warmest and driest summers so far on record! ....... my window air conditioner is going full bore..... 10 years ago we thought it was a waste of time even considering putting in air conditioning around here...... not any more! damn it's hard getting a good nights sleep when it's this hot ......
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Good Gawd!! .......it was sunny, hot and a ridiculous 34 degrees Celsius on what the weather people who know now say this is one of,if not,the warmest and driest summers so far on record! ....... my window air conditioner is going full bore..... 10 years ago we thought it was a waste of time even considering putting in air conditioning around here...... not any more! damn it's hard getting a good nights sleep when it's this hot ......
    That sounds like NYC weather at night. Hot, murky, humid. Just add the noise of people, trucks, cars, subways and planes landing and you'd have my childhood neighborhood.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Had the remains of tropical cyclone Berta pass over, some needed rain, wind and temps dropped from 27 C back to 20 C..
    Sunny again today, temps expected to rise again later this week.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Sounds more like down here. We regularly see triple digits and 100% humidity here.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

I think we are about to get hammered. Table Mesa Mtn, about 5 miles north has disappeared in the clouds, and the lightning is the flash boom at the same time. Very close. The weather radar shows some interesting conditions in the area. We could sure use a drenching, although a long slow drizzle would be more useful. The way it's coming down at the moment, I expect most of it will end up in Yuma, along with a lot of my driveway.

The radar shows some turbulence down Kevin's way, too. He's liable to end up floating away to Douglas or Nogales.
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 08-17-2014 at 09:25 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

yikes be careful. Dont YOU wind up in Yuma along with everything else

Quote Originally Posted by N2NKW View Post
    yikes be careful. Dont YOU wind up in Yuma along with everything else
    They won't let me in. Man, this has really gotten hairy. It was daylight just a bit ago, and now it's like midnight out. Kinda eerie, but very cool. We used to get storms like this every afternoon or night this time of year when I was a kid, but now, they are very rare. I can't believe all the close lightning. One right after the other for the last 20 minutes or so.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I think we are about to get hammered. Table Mesa Mtn, about 5 miles north has disappeared in the clouds, and the lightning is the flash boom at the same time. Very close. The weather radar shows some interesting conditions in the area. We could sure use a drenching, although a long slow drizzle would be more useful. The way it's coming down at the moment, I expect most of it will end up in Yuma, along with a lot of my driveway.

The radar shows some turbulence down Kevin's way, too. He's liable to end up floating away to Douglas or Nogales.

You can see Yuma as well as Tucson Eddie? ......that desert isn't as big as you make it out to be!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!