Page 13 of 351 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Rain and 40º but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 65º.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Good plan; the last time there was measurable snowfall in town (it snows up in the mountains every winter) was over thirty years ago.

In southern CA, spring begins in February. It's already happening in my back yard, as a matter of fact.
    Oh I'm hip to the weather there I grew up in Orange County, South Laguna to be precise and my 80+ year old parents still live there. There are a lot of things I don't mis about Southern Cal but the weather isn't one of them. The older I get the more attractive it is to move back home.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    Oh I'm hip to the weather there I grew up in Orange County, South Laguna to be precise and my 80+ year old parents still live there. There are a lot of things I don't mis about Southern Cal but the weather isn't one of them. The older I get the more attractive it is to move back home.
    Ah, a fellow native prune picker, I didn't realize that. Agreed, there are many things to dislike about SoCal but the climate makes up for a lot of warts. Oddly enough, even though Laguna is scarcely 100 miles north of San Diego, there's a noticeable improvement in the weather as you come down this way.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 02-07-2013 at 03:27 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Nor'easter is evolving...

Everytime I look, the totals are going up. This map shows 24-30" of snow for Boston, and NYC is 24-30" too, particularly Long Island and Southern CT. We'd get 8-10" if it is true...

I think they're hedging their bets...
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Brooklyn is going to get the worst of it. Already winds are whipping up big time along the shore
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Ah, a fellow native prune picker, I didn't realize that. Agreed, there are many things to dislike about SoCal but the climate makes up for a lot of warts. Oddly enough, even though Laguna is scarcely 100 miles north of San Diego, there's a noticeable improvement in the weather as you come down this way.
    There really is a big difference, SD is milder both in summer and winter. Looks like we are going to be right between the two weather systems here in the DC area so we might get an inch of snow but it won't stick for long as temps warm up tomorrow.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

The AccuWeather.com page to 'track the Blizzard'. Got 3" already, winds 30MPH and still coming down heavily.

Track the Blizzard Live on Radar

Last edited by N2NH; 02-08-2013 at 03:11 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

"Brooklyn is going to get the worst of it."

Always with the Brooklyn. (;->) Eh, I can understand fascination, the place does have a certain charm... and Cyndi Lauper.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

They used to always play this on the first big snowstorm in NYC in the 70s-80s.

--Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "Brooklyn is going to get the worst of it."

Always with the Brooklyn. (;->) Eh, I can understand fascination, the place does have a certain charm... and Cyndi Lauper.
    We got hit pretty hard here. Looks like at least 2 feet of snow and very hard winds. But, yes, Brooklyn got it worst. I was talking with a friend in Brooklyn. Just before his phone and power went out he was reporting sustained winds of 50-60 mph with gusts up to 80 mph. Snow was coming down 4-6 inches/hour and blowing into massive drifts. The Brooklyn Bridge was impassible due to the high cross winds coming in from Brooklyn.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.