Page 139 of 354 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 3540

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Been hot here, just shy of 100° F (38° C) and humid too thanks to tropical moisture coming up from Mexico. Looks like we're getting a break today, though; at 9:56 AM PDT, it's not even 80° (27° C) F yet.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    That is what this summer is. Lame. It's not hot. It's barely warm. It's not even... summery. This is what usually passes for late April weather.

If I wanted weather like this, I'd have moved to some Godawful place like SoCal. :twisted:
    Well if you like blazing hot summers you moved in the wrong direction. You should have at the very least stayed in NYC. Of better yet moved south / southwest. As for me I prefer lame summers. As a matter of fact I hope the rest of this summer gets even lamer. I can deal without the blazing heat and extreme humidity. I can also deal without the air conditioners having to run constantly 24/7 day and night and the huge consumption of electricity and very high electric bills that go along with it. Nothing pleases me more than to hear the air conditioner shut down and be able to remain shut down for hours, knowing the electric meter downstairs is not gobbling up kilowatt hours. If this is the effect of an el-nino summer then i say bring us an el nino every summer. :)
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

It's after 2100 MST and it's still over 100 F outside.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    It's after 2100 MST and it's still over 100 F outside.
    Wow!!! How hot was it during the daytime ?

It wasn't all that hot. It only got to 111F during the day. It just didn't cool down very fast last night. It's about 93F right now. We just don't get big swings between the highs and lows this time of the year.

It wasn't all that hot. It only got to 111F during the day. It just didn't cool down very fast last night. It's about 93F right now. We just don't get big swings between the highs and lows this time of the year.
    That's impressive. We were 49 a few nights ago and are about 55 usually going up to the mid 70s. It IS hot in the sun, it feels much hotter than it should be for the mid-70s when the sun hits you. But that's why this is turning out to be a crap summer.
    Last edited by N2NH; 07-31-2014 at 09:30 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Damn!!! Eddie ......desert living at it's best? yikes!!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    That's impressive. We were 49 a few nights ago and are about 55 usually going up to the mid 70s. It IS hot in the sun, it feels much hotter than it should be for the mid-70s when the sun hits you. But that's why this is turning out to be a crap summer.
    It started out as a crap summer. But it has taken a turn for the better the past week. Again, if you like long blazing hot (or hot humid) summers then why in tarnation did you move north to the Catskill mountains, a place known where people go to retreat from the heat ? My brother doesn't even live that far up (only about 45-50 minutes from here) and it's generally much cooler than it is here. Specially in August, even on hot days the nights up where he is always cool down a lot more than down near NYC where I am.

Sounds to me like you would prefer the southwest as opposed to the mountains of the North.
    Last edited by n2ize; 07-31-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VE7DCW View Post
    Damn!!! Eddie ......desert living at it's best? yikes!!
    Ah, just a cool, comfortable 111 deg F... :)

At least we don't have to worry about sharknados out here.