Page 134 of 355 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 3543

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Damned Albuquerque triangle.
    I have a cousin who lives in Albuquerque.

If Global warming continues ebay may get flooded...Hah

Quote Originally Posted by n2nh View Post
    Damned Albuquerque triangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by wb5ydk View Post
    I have a cousin who lives in Albuquerque.

Master Navigator
    If Weird Al were a ham, he'd be right at home, here on The Island. :)

My Albuquerque cousin is the only literate member of our family. He's an author/playwright. Towards the end of the 90's, he made the national news when he brought suit against Paramount Pictures. The matter was settled out-of-court and my cousin is not permitted to share the details.

My cousin had pitched a movie idea, to Paramount execs, based on one of his plays. The play had already been performed off-Broadway. The studio people turned down the idea; but a few years later, Paramount came out with Jim Carrey's "The Truman Show". Suspiciously, the movie was very similar to my cousin's work:

Frank.jpg

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

T-storms here at the moment, an uncommon occurrence here in July. We mostly get them in the spring. No precip as of yet, but a lot of electrical activity.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    T-storms here at the moment, an uncommon occurrence here in July. We mostly get them in the spring. No precip as of yet, but a lot of electrical activity.
    Is that common with el Niño?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

WE did get actual water falling from the sky here in El Cajon!!! It was a MIRACLE!!!!. Turned the dirt on my Town car into MUD!, but not enough to wash off the mud! We are not allowed to wash cars here in SoCal due to water regulations, so I hafta wait til the next rainstorm (probably next JANUARY) before the mud is washed off!

Up in Prescott, 60 or so miles north, it's 77° and thunderstorms. Here, it's 110, down a few points, and not a cloud in the sky. Think I'll go to the airport and kick the NOAA meteorologist in the stones.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Silt CO has 90 and showers coming thru. Almost done work and taking tomorrow off in Mesa CO. Hopin i get some monsoon rain today and tomorrow