Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 3543

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    '

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Master Navigator
    It apears that our June-to-October rainy season has started a month earlier than usual. We've been geting short rainshowers during the late afternoons. It's probably due to all that global warming that's been going around lately. :)
    Last edited by XE1/N5AL; 05-20-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Last days sunny 27C thiis evening i decided on having a BBQ with the son.
    Have fun there ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

37 yesterday morning, 42 this morning but the days warm up fast and into the low 70s so it isn't bad by 10AM.

Still not what I think of as a May morning but it beats the snow on the ground we had until May 8th last year.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Hit 100 on my thermometer between 3:05 and 3:13 PM EDST. This is probably because we're on the mountain with little wind. Humidity is 33% so it's not too bad. Felt hotter in the city with the higher humidity there.

Oh, and yes, the thermometer is in the shade. It's a La Crosse with a remote sensor.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Sitting in Syracuse NY. Just had a large thunderstorm run through. Nice rain and it seems to have cooled off a bit. The rain was COLD which means it must have been a high topped storm. Cleaned about a thousand miles of bugs and dirt off the windsheild too. Nature sometimes makes the best truckwash!

Quote Originally Posted by N2NKW View Post
    Cleaned about a thousand miles of bugs and dirt off the windsheild too. Nature sometimes makes the best truckwash!
    I remember one summer late-night shift (I was driving teams then) through North Dakota where I was forced to stop my rig every forty-five minutes or so to wash the bugs off my windshield just to keep from being a hazard on the road. If it had been anywhere else but the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night, I would have had to do it even more frequently.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 06-17-2014 at 09:36 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Well, the crap weather has finally arrived. 86 and humid today and 91 and humid tomorrow. Uncomfortable as heck, I can't understand how anyone could look forward to this kind of weather. Not that I like to rush the clock but frankly I can't wait till summer is over. But it's just beginning and we still have a few months of this garbage to look forward to. :(
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Typical May weather here would be cool and cloudy but, instead, it hit 101°F today. That's a new record for this date.
    Sounds like your in the midst of the ice age. It's just a natural cycle. :)

During the months of July and August my orchestra won;t be rehearsing at the usual music conservatory, which is air conditioned, due to the summer hours the conservatory closes early during the summer months.. The conservatory closes early during the summer. Instead we will be rehearsing at an old church that is not air conditioned. The only "cooling system" are a few ceiling fans hanging about 40 feet up along the high ceiling. As a result I probably will go to rehearsal every other week and avoid it on really hot days. Might even bring a clip on fan with me on the nights I do go. Fortunately in September we'll switch back to the conservatory.