Page 11 of 351 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: We Could Talk About The Weather

Live Feed From Staten Island, NY: Groundhog Day

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Punxsutawney Phil or Staten Island Chuck?
    Punxsutawney Jerry.

2 Feb, 1400Z-2100Z, K3HWJ – Commemorating Groundhog Day: The Punxsutawney Area Amateur Radio Club will be operating a Groundhog Day special event station on or near 14.330, 7.138, and 3.845 as well 147.390 PL 173.8 if you’re close by. QSL for certificate via Punxsutawney Area Amateur Radio Club, PO Box 3, Punxsutawney, PA 15767. Website: www.punxyclub.com

LO firkin L! If Mindless Mikey bit Chuck he'd be in for retaliation he'd NEVER forget!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by wb5ydk View Post
    Punxsutawney Jerry.

2 Feb, 1400Z-2100Z, K3HWJ – Commemorating Groundhog Day: The Punxsutawney Area Amateur Radio Club will be operating a Groundhog Day special event station on or near 14.330, 7.138, and 3.845 as well 147.390 PL 173.8 if you’re close by. QSL for certificate via Punxsutawney Area Amateur Radio Club, PO Box 3, Punxsutawney, PA 15767. Website: www.punxyclub.com
    I'm looking at the live feed from PA, it's pretty hokey. A guy in pajamas is MC'ing. Just before at 6:45 EST, two people were jumping around to "Stayin' Alive" while a third did CPR to a CPR training dummy.

7:20AM or so PA does its thing with the Phil.
    7:30AM or so, SI does its thing with their Chuck.

EDIT: Both agree, Spring is here. Now would someone tell the weather that?
    Last edited by N2NH; 02-02-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

looks like that snow blower might pay off after all.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Banned
    We had a couple of inches of show overnight and since it was in the mid teens while it snowed, the snow was dry and light. With no more shoveling than what I had to do, I cannot see the value of a snow blower for this area of town where we just have a few places to shovel. Having to go out and drag a snow blower and then push that heavy thing with very cold handles, just doesn't appeal to me. My shovel is lighter to push than a blower and the handle is plastic so it is not so cold. I don't have to fight to get it started in the cold, and it is easy to store and pull out.

Okay. Yeah. I'm cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    We had a couple of inches of show overnight and since it was in the mid teens while it snowed, the snow was dry and light. With no more shoveling than what I had to do, I cannot see the value of a snow blower for this area of town where we just have a few places to shovel. Having to go out and drag a snow blower and then push that heavy thing with very cold handles, just doesn't appeal to me. My shovel is lighter to push than a blower and the handle is plastic so it is not so cold. I don't have to fight to get it started in the cold, and it is easy to store and pull out.

Okay. Yeah. I'm cheap.
    Understand but I have a half acre corner lot with a whole lot of sidewalk so I got a blower with 4 forward speeds, two reverse speeds, electric start, and electric hand warmers. You gotta love technology. PS, the city makes every homeowner clear the snow from walks and driveways or get a ticket.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    Understand but I have a half acre corner lot with a whole lot of sidewalk so I got a blower with 4 forward speeds, two reverse speeds, electric start, and electric hand warmers. You gotta love technology. PS, the city makes every homeowner clear the snow from walks and driveways or get a ticket.
    No doubt, you are better off with one. We are looking for a bigger place and we are looking at our options for snow removal.

Spring is Here in the North, More Snow and Winter in Dixie.

How do I know? Those furry groundhogs sez so.

Saturday morning, a crowd of about 20,000 people roared as Punxsatawney Phil, Pennsylvania's famous groundhog, foretold an early spring when he didn't see his shadow.

Three hundred miles to the east in Staten Island, NY, Staten Island Chuck also didn't see his shadow, encouraging the crowd which was standing in single-digit wind chills, that the warmer season was near.

A third groundhog, Ohio's Buckeye Chuck, also delivered news that winter would wrap early.

But Atlanta's General Beauregard Lee disagreed with his furry pals to the north. Lee says six more weeks of winter is ahead.
    General Beauregard Lee? Anyway... seems that the present weather trends where the South is getting a lot of Winter is gonna continue for awhile. I guess it's gonna be awhile before you can have Sassafras.

Groundhogs prognostication.
    --Philip K. Dick