Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things you don't want to inherit from Grandpa

Conch Master

Things you don't want to inherit from Grandpa

My BIL inherited a bunch of stuff from his Grandfather and he wanted to show me. His Grandpa was a B-26 pilot that completed 75 missions in the big WII. The BIL showed me a neat shadow box with all his grandfather's medals,ranks and squadron patches. He showed me a real bomber jacket with squadron patch and L/Col ranks. Finally he showed me a bunch of souvenir ammunition that his gramps collected. 3 rds of German 7.92mm, 3 rds of German 13mm Machine gun, 2rds of US 50 Cal and 3 rounds of German 20 mm cannon ammunition (painted yellow to indicate HE, with nose fuzes in place.) Guess what, none of the ammo was demilled. Whoopsie!
    Last edited by KK4AMI; 01-05-2013 at 09:29 AM.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Banned
    You just want to take away muh ammo.

Conch Master
    Cannon shells are listed as "Destructive Devices" and not legal to own. The BIL is going to take the safe way out and have the cops dispose of them.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    Cannon shells are listed as "Destructive Devices" and not legal to own. The BIL is going to take the safe way out and have the cops dispose of them.
    Should have given them to the Myth Busters.

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    not legal to own
    You mean besides being really really stupid? A 20mm shell will leave a nasty mark.:homer:
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Tiki Bearer
    I inherited a lot of WWII war trophies from my grandfather. A lot of Nazi patches, a helmet, some rifles, and other things. But the coolest thing of all was a Nazi officer's ceremonial sword. Brass handle with a lion's head on it, and ruby gems in the lion's eyes. Identical to this one: http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armsl..._sword_640.jpg

Freakin' creepy though, knowing that the soldiers these were taken off of were probably dead at the time.
    73 de K0KDS
    Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by kds View Post
    I inherited a lot of WWII war trophies from my grandfather. A lot of Nazi patches, a helmet, some rifles, and other things. But the coolest thing of all was a Nazi officer's ceremonial sword. Brass handle with a lion's head on it, and ruby gems in the lion's eyes. Identical to this one: http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armsl..._sword_640.jpg

Freakin' creepy though, knowing that the soldiers these were taken off of were probably dead at the time.

Very likely. I have quite a few war collectibles going back to the Ottoman empire, possibly Roman. Spear points and body armour plates, etc., all battlefield found and bent up. Likely used....for their intended purpose.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    Very likely. I have quite a few war collectibles going back to the Ottoman empire, possibly Roman. Spear points and body armour plates, etc., all battlefield found and bent up. Likely used....for their intended purpose.
    I have an Ottoman, very comfy.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    I have an Ottoman, very comfy.

Also used in battle...cat vs. feet.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.