Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ANOTHER NEW ANTENNA, HOME BREWED

ANOTHER NEW ANTENNA, HOME BREWED

Will proceed with a 2 element yagi for 12 meters. It will be constructed from an old TA-33JR which I removed from the tower yesterday.

Nothing beats building antennas when the temperatures are below freezing in the morning!
    Last edited by VE3FMC; 12-13-2012 at 06:15 AM.

Banned
    Cool! I wanna see pics. Don't freeze your arse off!

Antenna's homebrewed only work when made in a blizzard, temps far below 0 and set up in the same weather.
    ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

It's a well-known fact that the performance of a home-brew antenna varies inversely to how good the weather is during the construction/erection phase.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 12-14-2012 at 07:09 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I am going to have to hold off on building it today. Too sunny and currently 40 F. Far too warm to be home brewing antennas.

12 M YAGI 2.jpg
    It's up and the first contact was with a station in Scotland on CW. The band was not in the best shape. Late this afternoon I worked a couple of stations in Alaska with JT65.

Orca Whisperer
    Damn! Nice homebrew work :)
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Damn! Nice homebrew work :)
    Well it was pretty easy to build because I used an old TA-33. So the driven element was there and so was the reflector. I just had to add to each element to make it work for 12 meters after removing the traps.

I'm going to do something for 15/12/11/10 one of these days. Am thinking seriously along the lines of a log-yag for the reflector/driven element side and a squashed quad construct for the directors.

Just to see if it can be done.

That said, nice work on the conversion. I built many a 10, 12 and 15M antenna from discarded CB yagis.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    I'm going to do something for 15/12/11/10 one of these days. Am thinking seriously along the lines of a log-yag for the reflector/driven element side and a squashed quad construct for the directors.

Just to see if it can be done.

That said, nice work on the conversion. I built many a 10, 12 and 15M antenna from discarded CB yagis.
    It is a solid antenna. I just wish I could get it up higher. But that tower on the utility shed is not too far from the 4500 volt feeder lines. I'd rather not extend it any higher. If for some reason it folded over at least it will not reach the hydro lines as it is now. I could guy it I suppose.

I always laugh when I read posts from guys who start off with "I got this 11 meter antenna, can I use it on 10 meters?"