Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diversity in Ham Radio

Diversity in Ham Radio

Diversity in Ham Radio

diverse.jpg
    "A lot of people may not know this, but I happen to be quite famous." -- Sam Malone, a character in the sitcom Cheers (Season 6, Episode 1)

Here's some more diversity for you......... :

HPIM0244.JPG

Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

...i dont have one.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

"2FAST" isn't a valid U.S. amateur call.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I used to have one when GA offered them at a discount from the regular tags. They gave HAMS a discount because of all the great emergency services we provide.

THEN, someone in the gub'mit figgered out that emergency ham = whacker, so now we have to pay the $45 vanity fee for the plate, so I'm no longer sporting the amateur radio license plate.

Quote Originally Posted by N4BBQ View Post
    I used to have one when GA offered them at a discount from the regular tags. They gave HAMS a discount because of all the great emergency services we provide.

THEN, someone in the gub'mit figgered out that emergency ham = whacker, so now we have to pay the $45 vanity fee for the plate, so I'm no longer sporting the amateur radio license plate.
    No vanity fee here in CA. You do have to pay $24 for the plate but there's no additional charge after that.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by N4BBQ View Post

I don't think it's because of the "whacker" factor.

Pennsylvannia also used to have a very low cost for a Ham call license plate. Then PennDOT did an overhaul ("streamlining" -- hah! Efficiency in PennDOT? Again, I say Hah!) of how they handled ALL vanity/specialty plates, including the ones for school alumni, charitable causes, etc. At that time, Ham plates got lumped in with everything, and got (and get) charged the same as the other vanity plates.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I don't want a plate number that anyone with internet access can Google and know my name and address.