Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Do Hams Talk For So Long?

Why Do Hams Talk For So Long?

I don't mean long QSOs. I mean why do they go on and on talking before turning it over to their buddy? I was just listening to some guys having a QSO on 40M, and I timed them. They would talk for 5 to 10 minutes straight and then the other guy would talk just as long.

This isn't the first time I've noticed this, but it is the first time I've timed it. Not that I care how somebody else talks to his buddy, but I was just wondering why this is so common.

Burt Jr. strikes again. Your posts are no longer worth reading so, see ya.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 12-12-2012 at 05:02 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Burt Jr. strikes again. You're posts are no longer worth reading so, see ya.
    Especially when they're recycled locked threads from QRZ. :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Was it AM? The hotter you get the toobs, the better your voice sounds.
    Otherwise, you can walk down any small town main street a find a collection of fossils sitting around. Time them.

It's about the same as posting over and over on an internet forum where no one gives a shit in the first place.. on and on with nothing said.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Was it AM? The hotter you get the toobs, the better your voice sounds.
    Otherwise, you can walk down any small town main street a find a collection of fossils sitting around. Time them.
    Today it was 40 M USB. but I notice it a lot. Maybe just an age thing I don't know.

It seems funny because it isn't the normal back and forth exchange of people talking on the street. It is more like like back in the day when people use to write letters back and forth. It was like each transmission covered like 5 subjects, and then his buddy would address those 5 subjects.

GZV's threads are sort of like Groundhog Day, only without the possibility of redemption by getting it right.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    :rofl:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.