Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CQWW CW?

Banned

CQWW CW?

Starting in a week at 6:00PM CST.

UR 5NN 04 GL

It's that weird beeping noise again...
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

My alltime favorite contest and im going to miss the entire thing...i leave on a plane a few hours before it starts, and return right as its ending. This sucks!

But i can grab a lot of peri-contest activity though. Worked EL2LF this morning on 15m.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Same here, too busy to play this year. We'll see when the ARRL DX rolls around....keeping my fingers crossed!
    5R8AL was strong here on 12m yesterday.
    Last edited by W5GA; 11-21-2012 at 08:53 AM.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

I'm looking forward to CQ WW. I should have a few hours over the weekend to devote to the 'test.

Only thing I don't like? K5ZD has started something new this year... if you show up in submitted logs, but haven't submitted one yourself, you'll start getting emails from him strongly requesting that you send yours in too. (Since I oppose CQ WW's stance on open logs, and Randy has told me point blank that if I don't like it, don't submit... I find this barrage of e-mails quite annoying!)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Only thing I don't like? K5ZD has started something new this year... if you show up in submitted logs, but haven't submitted one yourself, you'll start getting emails from him strongly requesting that you send yours in too. (Since I oppose CQ WW's stance on open logs, and Randy has told me point blank that if I don't like it, don't submit... I find this barrage of e-mails quite annoying!)
    I would think a well-placed "Go Fuck Yourself" would put an end to that.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    I would think a well-placed "Go Fuck Yourself" would put an end to that.
    Yeah, you might think that.

So did I. Didn't work.

He's actually managed to piss me off, in a small way.

He told me, in not so many words, a couple of years ago, that if I didn't agree with the implementation of Open Logs, don't submit my logs to the contest.
    Now he tells me that since I don't submit logs, my opinion doesn't matter, so I am to publicly STFU about anything he does with the contest.
    And then he demands I send in logs anyway.

Great choice. Be a hypocrite, or be ignored.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Yeah, you might think that.

So did I. Didn't work.
    That's when I block them, or create a filter to delete any email from them. Solves it quite nicely. ;)

ETA: This is one reason I don't get that involved with contesting. Some of the people take it WAY too seriously.
    Last edited by KJ3N; 11-21-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Those same people have no bearing on that rare African station ending up in my real log. I always participate, but i never submit logs.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    That's when I block them, or create a filter to delete any email from them. Solves it quite nicely. ;)

ETA: This is one reason I don't get that involved with contesting. Some of the people take it WAY too seriously.
    Yeah, some of them do.

I won't block him. I dare not... otherwise, the next stupid idea that comes along will get implemented without any input from those in the minority, like me.

Someone tried, a few years ago, to insist that ALL contesters be REQUIRED to record their operation, be it 10 minutes or all 48 hours... and then be required to make those records available on demand for an indefinite period of time. Some even wanted it to be streamed online in real time.

Now it would be easier to do today than it was at the time... but that's not the point. I was one of those who fought this one off, merely by pointing out that if I had money to invest in my station, I'd put it into antennas, radios, and so forth -- but not computers, extra hard drives, high speed internet connections, and so forth.

These same turkeys still want to do stupid things like this. Seems that they're convinced that since some are suspected of "cheating" (for a certificate? are you kidding me?), ALL must be considered guilty until proven innocent, and be treated accordingly.

I may be an obstinate old fashioned hard core operator... and an a$$hole... but I'll be damned if I let these maroons ruin one of my favorite parts of the hobby because of THEIR paranoia and distrust.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!