Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Month and a Half Until Christmas...

A Month and a Half Until Christmas...

What, if anything, would you like to give under the tree?

What, if anything, would you like to see under the tree?

Maybe, just maybe, we'll get an HF rig w/ antenna...

If I have a tree this year, I'm going to try and stick a train under it...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Mah friend in Wisconsin used to run a train under a tree every year.

Already gave myself aa present, bought a other car, ditched the van, now driving the Hyundai atoz with auto transmission, good for 40 miles per gallon and very low road tax.
    ;)
    Doss't fit under the tree though...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Already gave myself aa present, bought a other car, ditched the van, now driving the Hyundai atoz with auto transmission, good for 40 miles per gallon and very low road tax.
    ;)
    Doss't fit under the tree though...
    You just need a bigger tree.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Bigger tree won't fit in the house, i know, get a bigger house..... already have 4 bedrooms for 2 persons...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

The rail road under the tree brings back wonderful memories. Thanks for priming the pump.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

"If I have a tree this year, I'm going to try and stick a train under it..."

Nachurlee, we expect nothing less of you. An EP-3 reminds me of an EMD "baby-face" Diesel with a pantograph. Down this way on the Pennsy we had GG-1s, MP-54s, E-43s and E-44s and an assortment of Baldwin and EMD Diesels operating south of South Amboy. There was a 10 minute engine change and everybody ran across the street to the bar.

Me? All I want for Christmas is my two frontnt tee<whistle>fff.
    Last edited by kb2vxa; 11-11-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Nothing under the tree for me this year...all i want is to try and build up our savings and get the hell outta here by next year. We wont be buying anything for a while.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Whirled Peas. However, in order to achieve such a feat, the few must succumb to the many.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    "If I have a tree this year, I'm going to try and stick a train under it..."

Nachurlee, we expect nothing less of you. An EP-3 reminds me of an EMD "baby-face" Diesel with a pantograph. Down this way on the Pennsy we had GG-1s, MP-54s, E-43s and E-44s and an assortment of Baldwin and EMD Diesels operating south of South Amboy. There was a 10 minute engine change and everybody ran across the street to the bar.

Me? All I want for Christmas is my two frontnt tee<whistle>fff.
    They had similar change-overs at Croton-Harmon, NY on the New York Central Mainline (now Metro North's Hudson Line) and at New Haven, CT on the New Haven RR. As far as I know, nobody had the foresight to put a bar at the change over stations on those lines. They DID have the famous (or infamous) bar cars on both lines back then though.

The train I used to run under the tree was an N-scale New Haven "Cranberry" which was a nice Cranberry Red (bright Crimson for non New Haven fans). My dogs and cats would watch it go around for hours and if it derailed, they'd come and get me to fix it. Miss them, miss the Cranberry and miss all those Christmases. Well, hope to get a tree and a train and start it up all over again. Maybe a cat and dog by next year? (How's about it Santa?)

Last edited by N2NH; 11-12-2012 at 03:42 AM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick