Thread: Drake L7 query

Drake L7 query

I have a Drake L7 on the bench that I am rehabbing for one of the locals. The time has come to rebuild the power supply, as the axials are all over the range gamut--and the bleeders have not fared much better. My recommendation to the owner is we put a Harbach PM-400 board in the remote PS. True axial caps are getting hard to source and much expensive, although I suppose I could use a computer grade screw terminal.

Anyway, due to the advancing age of these units I want to install a soft start into the mix. Harbach has a custom Drake setup (SS-400) but that does not mention the L7--just the 4 series. He also has a 'universal' board (SS-100). Which of these two would be the best bet for the L7? :chin:
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat it. Teach a man to fish and he will spend lots of money on tackle...

AFAIK the L4 and L7 supplies are the same animal, and it just so happens I have one of each downstairs. I'll be glad to take a look at them over the next day or so if you wish and point out any differences.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Thanks Fred! The thing I am wondering is if there is a difference in placement. The PM-400 PS board replaces both native boards in the remote supply--and in both the 4 and 7 series iterations:

http://www.harbachelectronics.com/ma...e_l4l4bl7.html

It appears that the soft start is intended on mounting within the RF deck unit--and not the remote supply.
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat it. Teach a man to fish and he will spend lots of money on tackle...