Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get Power Distribution Blocks from Crutchfield

Conch Master

Get Power Distribution Blocks from Crutchfield

I'm trying to setup my Mobile in my truck. I managed to cleanly install 4 gauge wire from the Battery to my radio rack. I went to the Auto Parts Stores looking for a power distribution block that would handle up to 50 amps. They all gave me the stink eye and tried to sell me a cheap fuse block. Somebody turned (around 25 years old) me on to Crutchfield. Wow, those kids have to handle much more power in their souped up stereo systems. Crutchfield carries a full line of power distribution blocks that are almost pretty and can handle any mobile RF amp I will ever use.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Crutchfield's a great place to do business with, too.

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Crutchfield's a great place to do business with, too.
    My days of putting stereo systems in cars ended about 20 years ago. I could get along with just an AM radio now. I guess the music has left my soul. Since I listen to talk radio most of the time, I just can't see listening to Rush with 400 watts and a giant bass speaker in my trunk.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    My days of putting stereo systems in cars ended about 20 years ago. I could get along with just an AM radio now. I guess the music has left my soul. Since I listen to talk radio most of the time, I just can't see listening to Rush with 400 watts and a giant bass speaker in my trunk.
    Why not? It would be a good way to piss off those GD libs and receive the nod of approval from old coots everywhere, on every street corner.

Since I listen to talk radio most of the time, I just can't see listening to Rush with 400 watts and a giant bass speaker in my trunk.
    I can't see listening to Rush in the first place, but that's another discussion.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Well, I just can't see listening to Rush at any power.

Crutchfield sells a lot of other a/v stuff too. Bought my home theater receiver there several years ago.

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    I can't see listening to Rush in the first place, but that's another discussion.
    Just using him as an example. Listening to him can make me wince with as little as 500 milliwatts. We do have great local talk radio in C-ville. Unfortunately, they do carry some of the national crap like him.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Why not? It would be a good way to piss off those GD libs and receive the nod of approval from old coots everywhere, on every street corner.
    ... and for miles away! :)
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Pick up any oxygen free wire?
    I hear that's the sht. ;)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Conch Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    Pick up any oxygen free wire?
    I hear that's the sht. ;)
    Not at my age. I need all the oxygen I can get.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    Uh Huh, What Love?