Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: People reporting hamisland.net e-mail as spam! What the heck?

Exclamation People reporting hamisland.net e-mail as spam! What the heck?

Hey guys and gals!

I pay extra for a reliable e-mail delivery service, I do this to guarantee everyone who uses our servers gets their e-mail from the forums & other applications as expected. However, a small percentage of you are marking these e-mails as "spam" in your Gmail/Hotmail/etc accounts and it's causing me a lot of heart burn as I have to explain to the e-mail provider how and why this isn't spam.. each time! :)

If do not want to receive e-mails from us, it's a simple configuration option under the 'Settings' link in the upper right hand corner of the forum. Please use this option before reporting us as spam! We did not send you these e-mails unsolicited. If you have any questions, please ask them via PM or in this thread.

Thank you for your cooperation! :)

I have never marked any mail from here as spam, just deleting it after reading the content.
    Come on guy's 'n gals make life a bit easier for the staff... ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Banned
    My email is through my own website and I always get them, would never think of marking them as spam. WTF?

I'm fairly sure I turned off all the email shit from here a long time ago.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    I'm fairly sure I turned off all the email shit from here a long time ago.

Mine goes to a private Comcast account that I never read. :rofl:

(The Island is like that... If you want.)

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    My email is through my own website and I always get them, would never think of marking them as spam. WTF?
    Ditto. I have my own leased server space in Colorado so I don't have to deal with the freebie mail service providers.
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

Almost all the IP ranges with major colocation/dedicated rentals like Rackspace, Softlayer, and even Awazon are on all sorts of blacklists & greylists. For example, it's nearly impossible to deliver e-mail directly from a Softlayer server (any server) to a bellsouth.net e-mail account. Hence why I use Sendgrid..

There must be some part of this that works. I don't get nearly the spam I used to.

All Island e-mail notifications (i.e. private message notification to my ISP e-mail addy) is always received and never marked as spam.I'm actually quite happy the system works! ......although my ISP (Shaw Cable) has been put on a couple of banned lists as a source of spam making delivery of any e-mail I send to certain domains quite difficult!
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!