Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck. 2 Interviews today

Would the time taken to travel to work be a factor?

Quote Originally Posted by HUGH View Post
    Would the time taken to travel to work be a factor?
    The travel time is almost the same. I received the offer yesterday. I skipped over the recruiter and sent my declination letter right to the head of HR at the company. I explained what transpired and why I was declining. I also explained that I would not have wasted their time with the interview and testing process had the recruiter had been upfront and honest with me. I have been avoiding the phone calls from the recruiters boss today. Apparently there may be more on the table or they think they can convince me to take the offer as is. If they think they can convince me to take it as it is, I really need to know what they are toking because I could use some. On another note I was informed yesterday that I was the associate of the month at my current job. When I was told this my honest reply was "how the fuck did that happen?" That bs award usually goes to one of the supervisors pets. As I report to the same boss as the supervisors I had never considered it even being possible. Pile on top of that the fact I say how it is and don't care if someone is liked by a supervisor, If they fuck something up I call them on it. If the super tries to cover it up I put it out for all to see. I don't play workplace politics. I may give the guy a call on Monday but I am happy with the call to let it go for now. I really need to send my salary requirements and Resume in to another place. Their plant manager contacted me on Linkedin and that place is a lot closer to home than the other two. We shall see

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Well just an update. The recruiter was bullshitting me by telling me my number was acceptable. The recruiter bullshitted the company by telling them he could get me in there for a few cents more than I make now. Well he is out of luck. I was negotiable with my original number. The number he sent in was just a hair above what I make now. their offer was about what I make now. Simple choice, I am not moving jobs. I hate that I wasted my time although it was fun taking a practical test that I heard was so difficult that many Hires did not find all of the issues. I fixed all of the issues in under 15 minutes. I had an hour to find them. Although for the right money combined with getting my years of service back I would of gone back to that hot hell hole (120 Degrees F). For the same money and giving up Vacation it was not going to happen.

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

I have to look up his name but the company was Randstad Engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    What was the slime's name?

Don't be so harsh on him, I once worked as a Headhunter at an employment agency after the end of a Military Contract with a well known Jet Engine maker; this was long before the internet.

All you had was the Yellow Pages and a telephone. I was the middle-man between the employer and the job seekers. We contracted between the job seeker and agency for a cut when we found them employment.

"Headhunter" gathers all info on job seeker and proceeds to cold-call every number in the Yellow Pages and pitch the job seeker to the hiring decision makers, the goal was to set up an interview between the two.

Failing that (or not), I also quizzed the employer about potential job opening needing to be filled and would then, advertise in the local classified sections the job openings that I garnered.

The smart "Headhunter" was always on the lookout for a position for themselves which, I found in an Engineering position and never looked back

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    Don't be so harsh on him, I once worked as a Headhunter at an employment agency after the end of a Military Contract with a well known Jet Engine maker; this was long before the internet.

All you had was the Yellow Pages and a telephone. I was the middle-man between the employer and the job seekers. We contracted between the job seeker and agency for a cut when we found them employment.

"Headhunter" gathers all info on job seeker and proceeds to cold-call every number in the Yellow Pages and pitch the job seeker to the hiring decision makers, the goal was to set up an interview between the two.

Failing that (or not), I also quizzed the employer about potential job opening needing to be filled and would then, advertise in the local classified sections the job openings that I garnered.

The smart "Headhunter" was always on the lookout for a position for themselves which, I found in an Engineering position and never looked back
    The problem here was that I was not looking for a job. This guy was looking to fill a position for a specific company. He cold called me and said he he had a great opportunity.
    When he told me the location and the work schedule I told him I knew the company he was pitching as I had worked there before. He asked me what it would take to get me to leave my current position and go back there. I gave him a number that I thought he would balk at. He said, "well that is in the range Can I get a copy of your newest resume to submit?" They cold called me, Lied to me, and wasted my time. This was not the first time a recruiter contacted me about this position but it was the first time they told me my number was doable.

I rest my case. In today's world anything goes. Machiavellian to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    I have to look up his name but the company was Randstad Engineering.
    I know that name.

They’re one of recruiting companies STILL cold calling me, for jobs I’m not even remotely qualified for, 14 months after starting this new job, and 7 months since my promotion. Usually for 6 month contracts, no benefits, 100’s of miles away from home, and for less money.

sheesh.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

and this is why i do not love recruiters.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane