Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck. 2 Interviews today

Different firm. two auto parts manufacturers (Japanese owned) and one printing company (domestically owned). Then throw in the fact I currently work for an Indian company that used to be a Canadian company.....

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Different firm. two auto parts manufacturers (Japanese owned) and one printing company (domestically owned). Then throw in the fact I currently work for an Indian company that used to be a Canadian company.....
    I hope you noted on the resume that you have had international exposure.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    I hope you noted on the resume that you have had international exposure.
    I was in Canada once when I was a kid many many years ago....

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Wow this was a long time ago. I ended up going to one of the places which was part of Toyota. I was there until 4 years ago when I moved to a new place to get away from the Japanese live for the company mentality. I have been where I am as the Maintenance department since Oct of 2016. Not a difficult job but after a couple management changes and a shitty evaluation from my most recent supervisor who just so happens to be on a different shift I decided to listen to a recruiter and take an interview. It seems the place I was leaving has had a drastic management change and have improved there benefits and pay. They are also in process of a 36 million dollar expansion. I had a virtual interview yesterday afternoon and the recruiter has already contacted me about going in to take there electrical tests. I was a mechanic last time I was there. I guess I will see on Monday with the tests and what the offer might be. this could be interesting.

Fingers crossed. It's good to see you posting again!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I am wondering if I am nuts for considering going back somewhere I left...lol

"He won't beat me this time...he's CHANGED!"
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

You'll know soon enough if that's the case. It depends on if the head of the hydra has been killed off or not.
    Don't sweat it though.

Well is was a decent place to work when I started there. Went downhill after a Local management change. That has changed again since then. Last night I received an email from a plant manager about 3 miles from here asking if I would be interested in applying there. I interviewed and had an offer from them 5 years ago but the compensation was a bit low then. Who knows? I sure don't....

at least you're talking to people. anywhere i would have wanted to land is now contemplating if they'll continue to exist in a recognizable form (i'm looking at faculty librarian jobs at universities) ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane