Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck. 2 Interviews today

I work as a Multi-craft Industrial Technician. Part electrician, part mechanic, part millwright, part plumber, part electronics tech, sometimes robot programmer.... There are very few young people looking into the trades thinking that manual labor is below them. Well fine with me. At 53 I am still working and have recruiters chasing me down. The pay has climbed over the past 8 years substantially as the pay listed is 12 bucks an hour higher than it was back then. The health benefits have gotten a little better and stayed the same price wise where everywhere else the price has gone through the roof and coverage dropping. I am currently the only maintenance person in a 640,000 square foot distribution center. I replace 30' tall rack sections by myself as the idiots they send me to try and help would only get themselves hurt. The work is not hard but my supervisors BS has gotten old. My Supervisor has no clue as to what I do as he is the assistant manager for shipping and receiving and spends his days on second shift. I work a modified first shift because I an not to get any overtime for any reason. If I am 5 minutes late out the door in the afternoon I get an email asking why. The whole building is running 15 hours over a week but I get threatened with a write up for 5 minutes. Then I get asked why My projects are taking so long. Well I don't have enough hours in the day to get everything done that gets randomly added. Well I shall see what happens. I go back to the old place on Monday to take the electrical tests. Should be easy.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Hey, you have choices! Good luck, dude!
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Take the interview. You never know. And good luck!

March 2019, I had accepted a job working for a sub-subcontractor at Westinghouse corporate. 10 month contract to update 4000 Win 7 PCs to Win X. Waiting on clearances and piss test results. Got a call from a headhunter... contractor at the Airport needed an evening/weekend IT guy, was I interested?

interviewed a few days later. Was offered the job about 15 minutes after it ended, as I was leaving the parking area.

You never know!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I hope it's not too late to wish luck. At our ages, sometimes luck is all we have.

Luck!

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

When you have skills currently in demand you have luck that goes with them, however a little more couldn't hurt. Good luck. Everybody needs a lucky charm, and I don't mean a box of cereal, I have one sitting atop Minya, (son of Godzilla) computer, his name is Maneki Neko.
    http://frontpagemeews.com/category/p...ese-lucky-cat/
    They're sold all over the Internet, if nothing else female family members will fall in love with this cute little kitty instantly.

maneki neko.jpg
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Well I am back home, My wife's grandmother passed away at 100 last weekend and the Funeral was Saturday. I took bereavement leave from work from Thursday though today. Thursday was getting everything together for the trip, Friday was the drive to Northern Indiana, Funeral Saturday and return drive to Georgia Yesterday. Using today to rest up and review some electrical theory before going in for the test with the possible new/old employer. It will be a written and practical test. Should be interesting. Most of the people I worked with have either retired or left before the current management took over. Some of the people are the same but in different roles. This should be interesting as I have not been there since I left in November of 2012.

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Just one more thing, Sorry for pulling up a Zombie thread but I thought it was fitting in this case. I have been on a few boards that block new comments on old threads requiring new ones to be started even though a question on the old one would have made life easier with background already provided.

Well the practical test was jokingly easy. I found the 5 problems on their test board in under 15 minutes. They were impressed. I found out yesterday they are putting an offer together.
    I also found out that the recruiter did not put my asking salary in put put one in that is just a little higher than what I make now. I love it when you say one thing to have negotiation room and the middle man throws it out the window and sends in something that will not do. I shall see what happens. If what I think is going to happen happens I will apologize to the HR and the interviewers there for wasting their time as I would not of bothered taking the interview if the recruiter had told me what he sent me in for. He had a number I would move for, He did not ask for that number but told me he did up until yesterday. Well we will see.

Hope it works out!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Hope it works out!
    Well it will work out either way. I was not looking when the recruiter called me. This may not be disney world and I may have to deal with stupidity here the work is not hard and the pay is decent. I will be watching for the offer but I am not expecting much after the recruiter came clean yesterday.