Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wish me luck. 2 Interviews today

The VERY BEST tech jobs I have ever held have been the 'jack of all trades' type. These come with a lot of independence, interesting and varied challenges--and most importantly--a whole lot of functional value. One has to be a lot more clever than the average factory rat to succeed... :cool2:

Show them what you got! Remember that whatever someone has--somebody else is looking for it...
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat it. Teach a man to fish and he will spend lots of money on tackle...

One down and one to go. The first went well but my lack of robotics experience most likely hurt me. The second is in an hour and a half and is an interesting mix of machine repair and IT. That should be quite interesting. I should know something by Friday on the first one. It would be nice to work somewhere that is climate controlled and clean as compared to an aluminum recycling foundry.

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Good luck man! Take a good look at the benefits offered, sometimes it's worth more than $.

Agree with Pat, technical Jack of All Trades is a good place to be. That's what I do at my job.
    Computers, networking, process control, HVAC monitoring, security, and video. Statistics too.

Just curious as far as robotics is concerned... do you have any CNC experience?
    NC positioning is NC positioning no matter the device.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Good luck! Hope you get laid! (Oops, sorry, that's only for birthdays...)
    Now that depends on who's doing the interviewing.

There are quite a few stories on Literotica... ahem. (What? Pish tosh. I may be married, I ain't dead.)

Hope you do well on both interviews regardless.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

31d43d3e2Yi80.jpg

Good Luck Paul!

Best of luck to you!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Done with the second interview. the second one went well also. Now it is time to wait and see which one offers what.... The second one has better hours but is more diverse. The IT part is basically pulling cat 5 cable, moving computers from here to there and recovering the occasional hard drive\mother board crash. I would also be the only maintenance person on staff in a clean air conditioned printing plant. I could get used to 5 days a week like a normal person....lol

some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Good luck man! Take a good look at the benefits offered, sometimes it's worth more than $.

Agree with Pat, technical Jack of All Trades is a good place to be. That's what I do at my job.
    Computers, networking, process control, HVAC monitoring, security, and video. Statistics too.

Just curious as far as robotics is concerned... do you have any CNC experience?
    NC positioning is NC positioning no matter the device.
    No CNC experience and they did ask that at the first place. I wish I had some but it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Done with the second interview. the second one went well also. Now it is time to wait and see which one offers what.... The second one has better hours but is more diverse. The IT part is basically pulling cat 5 cable, moving computers from here to there and recovering the occasional hard drive\mother board crash. I would also be the only maintenance person on staff in a clean air conditioned printing plant. I could get used to 5 days a week like a normal person....lol
    Do they have green ink and paper with threads in it? I may have a deal on some plates for you.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL