Thread: Internet Services Attack(?)

Internet Services Attack(?)

I lost all internet based services at 10:00 a.m. this morning; service just restored at 20:00.

Earlier on my cell phone, I discovered this #spectrumoutage

Business phone customers have been out of service for almost two days.

No explanation.

Most interesting.....I have seen spam showing up with that heading only on my cell phone the last couple of days now....but all internet services have remained normal and still going....
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

It's easy ass phishin' ...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    It's easy ass phishin' ...
    Time Priority Description
    Sat May 04 02:34:09 2019 Notice (6) Web user logged in from 192.168.0.10
    Sat May 04 01:00:26 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 36 (Side-Band Channel:N/...
    Sat May 04 00:15:13 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 161 (Side-Band Channel:N...
    Fri May 03 21:14:30 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 36 (Side-Band Channel:N/...
    Fri May 03 16:01:27 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 40 (Side-Band Channel:N/...
    Fri May 03 11:53:23 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 153 (Side-Band Channel:N...
    Fri May 03 08:35:35 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 36 (Side-Band Channel:N/...
    Fri May 03 08:20:30 2019 Notice (6) WiFi Interface [wl1] set to Channel 161 (Side-Band Channel:N...
    Thu May 02 18:54:29 2019 Critical (3) Started Unicast Maintenance Ranging - No Response received -...
    Thu May 02 18:54:22 2019 Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=94:53...
    Thu May 02 18:54:21 2019 Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=94:53...
    Thu May 02 18:54:07 2019 Notice (6) Overriding MDD IP initialization parameters; IP provisioning...
    Thu May 02 18:54:01 2019 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=94:53:30:e...
    Thu May 02 18:53:47 2019 Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.9;CM-MAC=94:53...
    Thu May 02 18:53:46 2019 Error (4) Missing BP Configuration Setting TLV Type: 17.8;CM-MAC=94:53...
    Time Not Established Warning (5) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MA...
    Time Not Established Notice (6) Honoring MDD; IP provisioning mode = IPv4
    Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/...
    Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC ...
    Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/...
    Time Not Established Critical (3) SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire FEC ...

This is the event log from my cable gateway showing it finally booting up after being down all day May 2nd.

ETA: From the uneducated eye, it appeared to be a DOS attack on Spectrum's DNS servers.
    Last edited by koØm; 05-03-2019 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    ETA: From the uneducated eye, it appeared to be a DOS attack on Spectrum's DNS servers.
    Or some n00b at the NOC controls screwed the routing up for your IP blocks.

My ISP is Spectrum/TW and things consistently chug along here. Do you use dynamic DNS routing or do you have their DNS servers hard-coded?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Or some n00b at the NOC controls screwed the routing up for your IP blocks.

My ISP is Spectrum/TW and things consistently chug along here. Do you use dynamic DNS routing or do you have their DNS servers hard-coded?
    I'm using theirs right now, was using Google's DNS but when all the machines upgraded to Win 10, I didn't go back in and change it.

As you can see, I wasn't getting pass my cable gateway; the Internet was just fine for those who could access it. The other ISP in town did not have any problems that day but, whoever or whatever interrupted our access for 10 hours.

Spectrum Business customers are experiencing a telephone outage impacting inbound and outbound calls. Technical teams are working to restore phone services as quickly as possible and we apologize for the inconvenience.
    2:22 PM · May 2, 2019
    ETA: https://twitter.com/Ask_Spectrum/sta...16224218812416.

Last edited by koØm; 05-05-2019 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Added link

hrm. i don't have spectrum business (i have spectrum's home service) and haven't had recent interruptions in service. i don't use their dns servers either ... i also get more than the bandwidth that i pay for, so i'm probably their only customer who can say that.
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

Quote Originally Posted by n6hcm View Post
    hrm. i don't have spectrum business (i have spectrum's home service) and haven't had recent interruptions in service. i don't use their dns servers either ... i also get more than the bandwidth that i pay for, so i'm probably their only customer who can say that.
    Update: When my service was first restored, I checked my speed; it was well over the 400Mb download (twice what I paid for) speed but, when I checked today, I'm not even getting the 200Mb that I pay for, more like 50Mb down and 10Mb upload.

I get exhausted just thinking about calling the cable company and going through their troubleshooting BS. while knowing that my "Problem" can be resolved by, "The flip of a switch" at the NOC.

when i was on comcast in california i'd start the debugging process via twitter (where everyone can see). they aren't very excited about customers doing that, so their twitter support team is pretty good.

on spectrum, however, they just don't give a fuck, so you're screwed...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane