Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Avatar Story

There...this one is truly self explanatory.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    Your avatar speaks gay.
    Fervently gay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    I make most of mine...and a few other ones seen around The Island. It's Fun.
    Mostly honest portrayals. That's how we roll...
    Attachment 7479Attachment 7480Attachment 7481Attachment 7482Attachment 7483

...and more.
    I love these.

Banned
    Mine is Gansta Daria, courtesy of KB2VXA. My previous was just plain old Daria. My 12 year old daughter and I had a Daria marathon a few months ago. I love her attitude and sarcasm.

I've used this as my avatar before, which is just me being all happy after I found my little Alinco.

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Those bring back memories, John...as does the thought of E.A. Carey (North Canton pipe/tobacconist) and a little news stand at a now-defunct shopping mall which sold custom pipe blends.

Quit in '88 and gave my friend quite the rack of high-end pipes. He's the sort who would be happy to smoke a bowl a month if that.
    Yeah, these days I rarely chew tobacco or smoke pipes. The reason is that every time I would get any kind of irritation or sore in my mouth I would worry that it was oral cancer. So one day I said to myself that if it bothers me that much then why not just quit. So I stopped buying/using tobacco. This was back in the early 90's. These days I'll only touch tobacco on rare occaisions.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Dennis likes to drink from the bird bath.

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    He's making cars now.
    I thought it was coils?
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    I took up chewing tobacco in college. Started with Skoal dip and then Red Man plug and loose leaf chew/ It was not uncommon to find me studying in the lounge and occasionally (but very discretely) expectorating into a styrofoam coffee cup making it appear as if I was sipping coffee when I was actually spattin out terbacky juice.

When I was in high school I smoked pipes (Borkum riff, Amphora, and Captain Black commercial blends) and later various high end house blends that I would buy in expensive tobacconists shops in Manhattan) and also ceegars When it came to ceegars I usually smoked Garcia Vega "Panatella". or Italian stogies.
    Used to love Garcia y Vega. Even had a cuban cigar once. Nothing else compares. During the Christmas season, I'd smoke cherry blend Panatella slims. Most of the time it was Winston's in the winter, Benson & Hedges in the summer (this would keep me from getting jaded on one brand). For a few years it was Dunhills but my favorite was Rothman's from England. Not the Canadian stuff. Of course I fell in love with the only cigarette you couldn't get in the Western Hemisphere...

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by N2NH View Post
    Used to love Garcia y Vega. Even had a cuban cigar once. Nothing else compares. During the Christmas season, I'd smoke cherry blend Panatella slims. Most of the time it was Winston's in the winter, Benson & Hedges in the summer (this would keep me from getting jaded on one brand). For a few years it was Dunhills but my favorite was Rothman's from England. Not the Canadian stuff. Of course I fell in love with the only cigarette you couldn't get in the Western Hemisphere...

I believe Arnold's Tobacco Shop in Manhattan used to sell Rothman's. I used to see them there when I came in to buy pipe tobacco. Never tried them though. I have tried Davidoff's a few times. All in all I was never much of a cigarette man. I was mainly about pipes and chewing tobacco. yeah, Garcia y Vega was a pretty good cigar and easily available at most drug stores, luncheonettes, etc. Never tried a Cuban ceegar. Most people who have tell me exactly what you are saying. Few cigars can compare.

Unfortunately Arnold's is no longer in business. I believe they might have an online presence these days, but no more store in Manhattan.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    I've used this as my avatar before, which is just me being all happy after I found my little Alinco.
    I think I was around 12 when I found mine.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.