Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Avatar Story

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Oh yeah, I think I used his cigarettes as an avatar for a short while.

Wow. I wasn't even knowledgeable that such a brand existed. Galois was actually the very young "father" of group theory. Quite a brilliant young man. Shame that he ended up the loser in a pistol duel. But in those times "honour" sometimes meant a fight to the death.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Not much of a story with this one. I saw a book cover that I liked, I adjusted the red, cropped, filled, added my call and state and voila, avatar.

The M83 avatar (just before it) was from the group of the same name. The picture was from a outdoor concert at night in New York's Central Park.

The "Don't Teabag Me" avatar was meant to be the exact opposite of what the Tea "Party" stands for. Opposite colors, opposite facing snake, opposite sentiment.

NH Red Box (200).jpgDont teabag me.jpgM83.jpg

I tend to change them often enough. Thanks to Warren who gave me my first avatar, the New Haven Comet shield.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Oh yeah, I think I used his cigarettes as an avatar for a short while.

And I believe some us know how this one was inspired.

Yellow and red squares... reminds me of... boxes.

I smoked those cigarettes in college. As well as British ovals and some coffin nails. Enough tar and nicotine to get you high. Legally.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

This thread prompted me to try a new avatar (that I am using on various forums). It is a macro shot of a bank of LEDs and Push Buttons when I built one of these

I have always liked the look of electronics under the hood.. they always reminded me of little cities with roads. Even when I was a kid.

Jason N8XE
    "Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense." - Carl Sagan

Master Navigator
    I'm still saving up my money to purchase an avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by wb5ydk View Post
    I'm still saving up my money to purchase an avatar.
    ill trade you mind for an HF rig.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

I don't change mine very often. Mine displays my attitude of late. To quote a line from Richard Pryor's last line from his often over looked film Which Way is Up?: "If you don't like that, you better shoot me in the ass right now, cause that's that last thing you're ever gonna see of me.......mutha fucka....."

One of my previous avatars:

I don't change mine often because of my extreme laziness.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I couldn't find my normal avatar, so I saw this one in my junk pics folder and stuck it on. I need to update it.

Ok. Updated. Waiting in the ER after a mountain bike ride.
    Last edited by NY4Q; 10-03-2012 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by N4BBQ View Post
    I couldn't find my normal avatar, so I saw this one in my junk pics folder and stuck it on. I need to update it.

Ok. Updated. Waiting in the ER after a mountain bike ride.
    You are supposed to take the road down the mountain, not the overhang. :P

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LAZ View Post
    You are supposed to take the road down the mountain, not the overhang. :P
    Looks like he took the shortcut... or it took him. OUCH.
    --Philip K. Dick