Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandpass

SK Member 8/11/2015

Bandpass

Can anyone recommend a CHEAP 10 meter bandpass filter?

One that you build, or one of the old Drake TV-LP units. If you're planning on using it with your Palomar amp you can get away with the 300w version.

I may have a tunable Bud unit in the junk box. Should the thing still be around you can have it for the cost of shipping.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

SK Member 8/11/2015
    The kit would be in my price range.I don't understand the j1 and j2 conections?and also on both offers they are both tunable what equipment would be needed for that? I would probally have to get someone to build it for me bad eyes and shakey hands.
    same good price range on the Bud.

Banned
    J1 and J2 are simply header connectors. You can solder right to the pads to connect them to the connectors of your choice or to place them in circuit within your radio. This thread sums up tuning nicely: Tune for maximum noise on receive. Pretty simple: http://www.kitsandparts.com/fluxbb/viewtopic.php?id=131

Banned
    BTW here's another version of it, a 7 pole: http://kitsandparts.com/univlpfilter.php

EDIT: My mistake. that's a low-pass filter. It's late and I'm tired, sorry.
    Last edited by N2CHX; 09-25-2012 at 11:11 PM.

Banned
    BTW, you don't want these filters anywhere near the output of a transmitter. They are meant for receive or very low power applications ONLY. I don't know why you'd use them in a transmitter output circuit, but just saying that FYI.

He's looking to filter the output of a 10M brick.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    He's looking to filter the output of a 10M brick.
    Ah, well he didn't say that. I think bandpass my mind automatically goes to receive. I generally think of low-pass for transmit. Yeah, this little kit isn't going to handle a lot of power. If you're talking a 100 watt or more brick, then no. Again, my mind went to low power and CHEAP and immediately I thought of these little kits. They ARE pretty cool.

SK Member 8/11/2015
    Well I might not need a filter now :-( I might have smoked something.My Granddaughter must have pushed in the high power control button.That meant I was putting 25 watts into my amp instead of the 5 watts I had it on. Today I was being told I could not be heard very well like I had a lot of rf in my transmission.Then I noticed the power control was pushed in,I pulled it back out and still bad audio.I hope I didn't mess up the transciever and the amp.