Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HRD v6 Fantasy...

HRD v6 Fantasy...

Whereinhell is the AR Software Board in this mess?

In any event, is anyone else wondering just what is going on with Rick and company over at HRD Softwa RELLC? We have been strung along now for 6 months on a v6 release--and depending on your setup the v5 iterations are still buggy as shit. Ask a question and get a snarky answer that you need to buy paid support. Conversation drags on a bit and it is revealed that they don't have an answer.

Normally I would not care. But knowing that Phred will break the v5 XML lookup subscriber feed as new fields and features are added does not bode well for the future of this platform in the v5 iteration. I personally think that they are in bed together. VISUALIZE IT--WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!

Suddenly it's all about the Benjamin's boyz... :twisted:
    Last edited by AE1PT; 09-18-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat it. Teach a man to fish and he will spend lots of money on tackle...

Quote Originally Posted by AE1PT View Post
    Whereinhell is the AR Software Board in this mess?
    Ask, and ye shall receive...IF enough folks want such a sub-forum we'll create one.

-snip-

I personally think that they are in bed together. VISUALIZE IT--WHAT IS SEEN CANNOT BE UNSEEN!

Suddenly it's all about the Benjamin's boyz... :twisted:
    I've said that for a while - especially after the repeated padlocking of threads which are critical to CSS.

Whomever is running that outfit seriously needs to a acquire a fully functional set of customer relations skills. Try as I might, I could not get a straight answer regarding a couple of their products.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

One ringy dingy... two ringy dingy... SNORK!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I'm afraid I have been very critical of the boys with HRD. I rarely use the program but I often recommend it (or used to). Criticize those guys on any level and the masses start calling you a cheap ham, including the mods. These are the same guys who f*&ked up most of the TNC software when the bought it for pennies, put it on a CD and stated selling it for $300 a pop.

It's all about the bucks and they'll screw you when they have your bucks.

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

I have been using HRD for radio computer control and DM780 for digital but I'm getting away from them both. I spend enough time staring at a computer screen these days so prefer to just manually spinning the big knob. Also, I have been gradually switching over to FLDIGI because there's a version that works on OS X.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

You mean to tell me that yall dont use paper logs? Blasphemers!

GTFOML! Mwhahah.

This is a log program and radio computer interface thingy, right? :P I dont use computer software, blah, blah, stuff for my radio. So, I am just assuming.
    Last edited by KB3LAZ; 09-19-2012 at 06:47 AM.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I have been using HRD for radio computer control and DM780 for digital but I'm getting away from them both. I spend enough time staring at a computer screen these days so prefer to just manually spinning the big knob. Also, I have been gradually switching over to FLDIGI because there's a version that works on OS X.

I pretty much use FLDIGI, too, and I really like it. It's simple for my simple mind. The radio I use for digital won't do computer control anyway, and I still do log entry's by hand. Some habits are hard to break.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

More empty promises? Can QRZ lookups really be faster? Why do they need to be faster. How many stations per second can we work? More from the folks who would sell you HRD 6.0.

http://forums.qrz.com/showthread.php...51#post2656951

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    More empty promises? Can QRZ lookups really be faster? Why do they need to be faster. How many stations per second can we work? More from the folks who would sell you HRD 6.0.
    especially to people who brag about their 386dx shack computer which is connected to the outside world with a bit of fishing line ...
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane