Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Greetings from W6WBJ

Banned

Greetings from W6WBJ

Hello. I just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself. But mainly I wanted to make a request concerning my pending renewal case with the FCC. As you may know, I deny the Enforcement Bureau's allegations. I am a good operator, and have never interfered with anybody. I intend to prove this at the hearing before the Administrative Law Judge.

Americans believe in due process of law, and that people are entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty. I would therefore appreciate it if you would please give me the benefit of the doubt prior to my hearing, and not adjudge me guilty of any Part 97 violations until all the facts are presented.

Thank you.

Bill Crowell, W6WBJ

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

Re: Greetings from W6WBJ

Billy, Billy, Billy.

So, you've taken your roadshow over here?

Where are you on 75? It's been a long time. We could chat...

N6IWH and KK6AN say "Hi!"

KB6APL
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by retroguybilly
    Hello. I just joined this forum and wanted to introduce myself. But mainly I wanted to make a request concerning my pending renewal case with the FCC. As you may know, I deny the Enforcement Bureau's allegations. I am a good operator, and have never interfered with anybody. I intend to prove this at the hearing before the Administrative Law Judge.

Americans believe in due process of law, and that people are entitled to be considered innocent until proven guilty. I would therefore appreciate it if you would please give me the benefit of the doubt prior to my hearing, and not adjudge me guilty of any Part 97 violations until all the facts are presented.

Thank you.

Bill Crowell, W6WBJ
    peronaly I havebeen more than willing to grant you and even some of those that attack me daily the benifit of the doubts

I do sugesst you might have better luck narrowing the focous of the interogatories

Hi Bill.

Welcome to the Island.

Good luck with your case.

Tiki Bearer

Bill -
    I don't know the exact facts of your case, but good luck with it. There is always two sides to the story, I'd say....

If you want the FCC's side of the case, you can google it.

As for Bill's I don't know the specifics, and can't comment on it until it has been resolved.

Tiki Bearer

I must admit.. I'm reading through his interrogatories now. While some of them are very apt questions to ask of Mr. Hollingsworth, others are simply off the wall.

WBJ, you certainly did your legal research here. I can see why the EB is being compelled to answer Cromwell's questions. But I guarantee on some of the more "off the wall" ones they'll defer.

I'd like to see some answers as to the favortism that goes on. We have several amateurs going on double-digits as far as enforcement letters going out, with no license revocation. I guess we'll see what happens. i'm interested to hear the commissions response.

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d
    Billy, Billy, Billy.

So, you've taken your roadshow over here?

Where are you on 75? It's been a long time. We could chat...

N6IWH and KK6AN say "Hi!"

KB6APL
    ;)
    KD8EFQ ~ "With MFJ one might as well stand outside during the worst possible calamity and wair for death."

Quote Originally Posted by W3DUB
    I'd like to see some answers as to the favortism that goes on. We have several amateurs going on double-digits as far as enforcement letters going out, with no license revocation. I guess we'll see what happens. i'm interested to hear the commissions response.
    I personally think that the commission is either afraid to fine these people or caught up in red tape.

And from what I've seen, these are the people that get NALed by the FCC:

Hams manufacturing and selling modified illegal 11 meters equipment as a business (not just a few sales as a private individual)
    Chronic troublemakers
    non-licensees who are generally acted upon because they are being made an example of
    Hams who use the bands for broadcasting

Generally no one else really gets the book thrown at them. I agree there could be more enforcement, but are we going to fine everyone who makes a mistake?

As for the troublemakers on 275 - why don't you complain to Industry Canada about the Canadian who repeatedly violates the rules there, in addition to reporting the troublemakers stateside? Can't complain about favoritism when you yourself are practicing it. That's called hypocrisy.

Tiki Bearer

IC has no complaint structure. And from what I've heard... they aren't going to do anything. If anything does happen there its going to be a cross-border deal.