Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *Sigh*

*Sigh*

As I sit here, I'm engaged in what I'm reasonable certain to be a death watch for my FIL, a 90 y.o. Alzheimers patient who also has prostate cancer. He was pretty much not with us yesterday, and has yet to wake up this morning. Very low urine output (he's catheterized) overnight. This is just a really, really sad way to go. To watch a gem of man go through these stages over the last several months has taken its toll on both me and my wife, but we're getting through it ok. I wouldn't wish this on anybody.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Sorry Doug. We'll keep a light on for you and yours.

When you come back, write us a good story about who he was. These stories are important.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Banned
    I'm so sorry. *hug*

Sorry to hear it, Doug. Sending good thoughts your way.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Been there; done that with my mother - 5 years ago.

You have our condolences and best wishes. He got 10 more years than ma did...
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Very sorry to hear it, Doug. I agree with Dave on the story,

Sad reading Dough, my father passed away quickly from a heart attack, so he was lucky, better as my mother who took 2 years to pass.

Our thoughts an prayers are with you and your family.

Respect.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. I had an aunt who suffered from Alzheimer's for the last 10 years of her life. Alive but not with us.
    [edit] While she was alive for the last 10 years of her life, she was not with us.
    Sorry for any confusion.

Sorry to hear this, Doug. I hope he finds peace and an end to his suffering. You're a good man to watch over and care for him.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

I know what you are going through right now. My mother was just moved to a hospice room two days ago in very rapid decline. I expect the news anytime...
    Give a man a fish, and he will eat it. Teach a man to fish and he will spend lots of money on tackle...