Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11 meters

SK Member 8/11/2015

11 meters

Anyone here use 11meters? I know several Ham's in this area that do,but you don't hear them talking about it.I wonder if they use cb jargon or if they try and use plain language when they use cb.I don't have 11 meters myself but I don't think it would wrong as long as you didn't break the fcc rules.
    Just thinking about it because I heard some of my family members talking about it.

We have Hondaline CBs on our Valkyries, J&M CBs on our Concours-14s and a few base rigs in the shack. At this moment a CPI CP-2000/BC-2000/DM-1 lineup is used for 11M ragchewing or bike-to-shack comms.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Last time I checked, we have a group of locals that do nothing but play music, speech clips and noises on 11m. One guy I have to give props to, plays his guitar and the modulation is perfect. He is also quite talented.
    Mid 90s, we had a nice group on 35 and 37. Then the people on 15 decided that they didn't want us to talk.

Forum Addict
    I use it driving, not at home.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

We kept one in the truck until a year ago March. It became pretty useless where as I used to defend the use of mobile CB to all the naysayers.

It's been a while. I would go there sometimes to get away from QRMers on 75 and 2 meters.

True story...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I remember when the FCC, in their infinite wisdom, gave our 11 Meter band away to the Continental Babblers.

Quote Originally Posted by NY3V View Post
    I remember when the FCC, in their infinite wisdom, gave our 11 Meter band away to the Continental Babblers.
    Amateur operators never had the 11M band as a "primary" allocation - it was designated as an ISM band and we were granted access as secondary users. Therein lies the problem with non-exclusive spectrum: It can be and often is reallocated on a whim.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

SK Member 8/11/2015
    I hate to say this because a long time ago I was a CBer.But we have a ex CBer around here that everyone wishes would go back to CB.He drives everyone nuts on 2 meters.

Quote Originally Posted by kk4fpx View Post
    I hate to say this because a long time ago I was a CBer.But we have a ex CBer around here that everyone wishes would go back to CB.He drives everyone nuts on 2 meters.
    We get a lot of that on 20 and 75M as well.