Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No 1x2 For You!

No 1x2 For You!

In today's FCC digest:

MARIO VESNAVER. Denied the Petition for Reconsideration. Action by: Deputy Chief, Mobility Division, Wireless Telecommunications Bureau by LETTER. (DA No. 12-1281). WTB
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-12-1281A1.doc
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-12-1281A1.pdf
    http://hraunfoss.fcc.gov/edocs_publi...-12-1281A1.txt

Mr. Vesnaver requested reconsideration of the grant of W6VM to Steven C. Greathouse, on the grounds that Mr. Greathouse, a resident of OH, should not have been granted a 6th district call.
    When the Commission adopted the rules for the vanity call sign system, it addressed whether a vanity call sign applicant should be limited to requesting call signs for the region where the licensee resides. The Commission did not adopt such a restriction...
    So, they're not reconsidering the matter, and it's tough luck, bubby.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 2K!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

That's my friend Steve (ex-AC6EA) who wanted an 8-area vanity call...was not granted it after repeated attempts...then finally got lucky with his current one.

Mr. Vesnaver is hereby and most cordially invited to go fuck himself.

By the way: Steve is an Island member.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    That's my friend Steve (ex-AC6EA) who wanted an 8-area vanity call...was not granted it after repeated attempts...then finally got lucky with his current one.

Mr. Vesnaver is hereby and most cordially invited to go fuck himself.

By the way: Steve is an Island member.
    At the risk of sounding like a huge hypocrite (on this issue) I think we should return to call district discipline AFTER realigning the districts. The only one that should be left alone in the 6th district, the other boundaries need to be changed. The 4th district is WAY too big and 3rd and 8th are too small.

The call sign districts are based on 30's population trends, so they are all askew.

Just sayin'
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I hold a my current vanity call for good personal reasons.
    I'm happy that it's correct for the old school call districts.

If I moved elsewhere, I'd be conflicted, and might want it changed.
    However with online call lookup, it's less of an issue these days.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Mr. Vesnaver requested reconsideration of the grant of W6VM to Steven C. Greathouse, on the grounds that Mr. Greathouse, a resident of OH, should not have been granted a 6th district call.
    Apparently, someone doesn't know the rules. Moran.... :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

We can pick our own calls just PD is reserved for the Novice licenses.
    PA PB PC PE including number and suffix all free, so i picked the PA5COR call, because it was he first PA with a number free with COR as suffix.
    PA0 PA1 PA2 etc all already given out.
    Chance of call can be done online, and cost nothing, you will get the paperwork in weeks.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d View Post
    At the risk of sounding like a huge hypocrite (on this issue) I think we should return to call district discipline AFTER realigning the districts. The only one that should be left alone in the 6th district, the other boundaries need to be changed. The 4th district is WAY too big and 3rd and 8th are too small.

The call sign districts are based on 30's population trends, so they are all askew.

Just sayin'
    You might have a point...and let's go a step farther towards making Extra-class calls available to everybody by severely clamping down on the call-swappers and club-reserved blocks. To the degree that if they hoard excessively they lose their tickets - and perhaps their charter.

One club; one call. Period.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I have 2 calls. One for me, another for contesting (club call).

Am I hoarding? :chin:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    No 1x2 for you? Mebbe shoulda requested S[zero]UP? S0UP?
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    I have 2 calls. One for me, another for contesting (club call).

Am I hoarding? :chin:
    No, but the folks who were blocking off 10+ most certainly are guilty.