Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have DirecTV?

Does anyone else have DirecTV?

And are you incredibly annoyed at losing 26 channels too?

My biggest complaint is having lost Comedy Central.. I figured they'd resolve it in a day, but it looks like we're into the first week and no resolution in sight.

First world problems, but blah.

Now this is some bullshit...

Viacom has yanked access to some of its more popular programming that was available free on company websites. Fans can no longer watch full episodes of shows like "SpongeBob Squarepants" and "iCarly" or "Jersey Shore" and "The Daily Show"

I only really care about the last one, but that's crap.

I got rid of them 2 years ago. Between my Roku, Western Digital Media Center, Netflix and TPB, I get all the tv I need without pouring money in their pocket.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Forum Addict
    Hmm, and here I was about to tell Dish off for getting rid of AMC and IFC.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Yeah, I watch my Roku quite a bit.. I have called DirecTV to try to get out my contract, they weren't willing to relent -- they were willing to give me $10 off, but I declined. I don't want them to think $10 gets them off the hook. If I'm feeling frisky, I may drop them anyways and take them to arbitration, I suspect they'll let me go if I push them hard enough. The cancellation fee will be less than ~$200 at this point, so either way..

Comcast here, big pipe. Son-in-law works there, so we get it (kinda) for free. I back-pay the kids on this.

Reality: Everything here has to be PG or lesser, and I'm not much of a Cars fan. 46" Samsung and a kilowatt of Yamaha audio into JBL speakers. It was a hoot a few years ago, but apparently showing Clint Eastwood to little kids is bad voodoo these days, so watching TV is a bit dicey. It all still works, but not much fun these days.

Got Jon Stewart on delay, but he's starting to get a bit old....

As am I.

I saw the Direct TV announcement on one of the many monitors at the home office last week. We have been kicking around the satellite TV route, but I guess that's a thing of the past now. They cut out all the good stuff.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Verizon FiOS here.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I had it for about 2 months, right up until I realized they weren't honoring the pricing that they'd advertised via AT&T. I had a very long and bitter call with the their customer (no) service folks and ended up telling them to pound sand. They attempted to charge me their $500 early termination fee, but as soon as I got off the phone with them, I cancelled that card and got a new one. I absolutely refuse to pay them.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Verizon here. About 8000 channels available, I watch about 5.