Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Migrating to SSL (Encrypted) only access...

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    IE says "OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING, WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?!!?!!?"
    Then proceeds to shit itself. ;)
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    I'm sure that's true, but I want people to be aware of this change before they see the scary error message and run away thinking we've been hacked.

I appreciate the info. Im still using Internet Exploder and have had no issues...so far. But i also have FF, and can get Chrome in a few easy steps. Im not worried. Ill just click their damn error messages a few hundred times if need be, before saying 'fuck it' and switching over to a real browser. Sometimes a small shakeup is good.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    I appreciate the info. I'm still using Internet Exploder and have had no issues...so far. But i also have FF, and can get Chrome in a few easy steps. Im not worried. Ill just click their damn error messages a few hundred times if need be, before saying 'fuck it' and switching over to a real browser. Sometimes a small shakeup is good.
    Not to hijack the thread, but out of curiosity, and because I like planes, I looked around a little about your Cessna Citation. It really is a puzzler. It makes a couple of trips a week between Minnesota and Montana, is licensed to an LLC with an annual income of 140K, and has 1 employee. Still, it's a nice plane, worthy of bearing your call. BTW, you wouldn't happen to be the one employee would you?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

No, sorry to say. I now play cover songs and my one original album isnt what i would call "raking in the bucks" (again, sorry to say).

I was driving past the airport a few years ago, and decided to take a back route by the executive terminal at McCarran and saw it parked there right next to the road, the tail was sticking over the fence so i couldnt miss it. I couldnt believe i just saw my own call on a plane. Whoever it was, they were in Vegas for some fun. Either way, i wish.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

SK Member (10/28/2012) - Island Prude
    My uncle was a part owner of a plane with the tail number N1NC, which was later sold and I believe is still flying. It was a Beech Bonanza v-tail, and although my uncle was once slightly interested in ham radio, he was never licensed and it wasn't his call. When I told him to stop impersonating a ham operator, he would chuckle and said the plane came with the number, but he liked it because of it's rarity.

Fast forward 25 years. I have my license, and join the local club, and the club call sign is: N1NC.

Regarding SSL: I use IE, never got a thrill from using anything else, and am too lazy to switch. That being said, I have learned to ignore stupid messages from software from all makers. I'll live with it.
    Last edited by ab1ga; 07-12-2012 at 06:36 PM. Reason: added thread-relevant part

Tiki Bearer
    Heck yeah, go for the SSL. I have been considering turning my site over to SSL, but with mixed content I was worried about browser warnings, so I haven't decided yet since I'd have to buy the certificate, of course.

I'm working on transitioning from Chrome to Firefox, because I had my wifi router loaded with Tomato set to SSL... Chrome was absolutely terrible about it. When I tried to go to https://192.168.1.1, Chrome would say the server's settings would not allow me to load the page because it wasn't trusted or some bullhonky. It wouldn't give me an option to bypass the message or turn this crap off, I had to go the unencrypted route. Obviously, I'm not going to get a certificate for 192.168.1.1. Chrome eventually stopped doing that crap about a month ago. But Chrome's overly-protective security settings are stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if they did something like that again.
    73 de K0KDS
    Kevin

Forum Addict
    IE is teh suck.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    IE is teh suck.
    MSIE: MicroShaft Internet Exploder
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

I'm super smart. My autistic head (and ass) uses a Mac... so my HDD has NEVER seen ANYTHING Micro$hit xD

I DL'd Firefox to my Android phone just incase the 'droid browser burps when the change is made...
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Go for it...if it causes a problem, FF is just around the corner.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin