Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: iT'S 103

We're just finishing off the niceset week of weather thats happened around here in 6 months! ..... it's finally warmed up to low the 20's Celsius ....so much so that it's caused a temperature inversion that has allowed smoke from all those Colorado wildfires to follow the warm air currents from the south to invade the airspace here! ..... you can see the heavy smoke haze during the day and see the light from the streetlights reflect off the smoke particles at night..... to smell the smoke of burning trees in Colorado is quite something .... I thought we had a few fires burning in the area,but because of all the wet weather that we've had lately,our fire season has'nt begun yet. :-|
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt!

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Animals are really suffering in this heat. Had a groundhog come ambling around my driveway looking for water, so I put a couple bowls of it out for thirsty passers-by.

Good man. Shows your character.

Yeah...112 today in the desert. Like living in an oven, cant touch anything. Seriously, you get first degree burns, and thats the truth. I cant wait to move away from here.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post

Yeah...112 today in the desert. Like living in an oven, cant touch anything. Seriously, you get first degree burns, and thats the truth. I cant wait to move away from here.
    Where would you go? Seems like you've been everywhere, so at least you know what you will be getting into.

International Falls, MN?

Maine?

Alaska? (Hey, you can look up my ex-wife!)

Idaho?

Huh, huh?
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post

Don't go to anyplace too cold. It will be like thermal shock. I've never been to the SouthWest. I would like to visit someday. Frankly I don;t know if I would be able to stand that heat. I mean 80's, 90;s even an occaisional 100 or so I can deal with. But 112+ ?? I really don't know.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4NEL View Post
    I'm 3 min/mile off my normal pace :(

At this point, I'd run in the rain if it meant 80 degrees instead of 100+. Looking like I'll get my wish this week.
    In my younger years I remember getting heat stroke playing baseball in the mid day sun on a 100 degree day. Not a good feeling. It's hot but you start feeling chills, weakness, muscle aches. Feels like a flu coming on but scarier. A friend of mine drove me to his place and I sat there with a jug of cold water in the nice air conditioned room, dripping sweat like a raincloud and slowly recovering.

Funny thing is I used to run miles in heat like that and never got heatstroke. The big difference was the sun. I would always run in the evenings when the sun was going down.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d View Post
    Where would you go? Seems like you've been everywhere, so at least you know what you will be getting into.

International Falls, MN?

Maine?

Alaska? (Hey, you can look up my ex-wife!)

Idaho?

Huh, huh?

Ive been everywhere in the CONUS, thats about it...ive never even been to Hawaii. I promise, you've been more places than me.

Its 113 today, by the way.

Looks like the rain may be over here for now. Real nice while it lasted. Back into the 80's and 90's starting tomorrow.

Just got back in from running errands...8pm, and STILL 113! What the hell! Its against code in Clark County to erect a livable structure without A/C. I drove in this valley many years ago without it, i dont know what i was thinking, but its useless to shower before going out.

Orca Whisperer
    Well, finally broke here. Waiting for my bus this morning, I had a heavier, long sleeved button down on, and I was a little chilly. 62 Deg F right now (If I recall correctly).

The main thing I hate about these heat waves (Or like), is that it feels downright cold when it finally breaks.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

90 F right now. 5:30am.