Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: iT'S 103

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    97 here yesterday in Sac. Currently 75 outside and climbing fast. We may break 100 today, which would suck.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Tiki Bearer
    Finally cooled off. It's 82 here right now, which was just about the average nightly low for the past week. It got down to 75 last night, so I opened up my windows and let the apartment air out overnight.
    73 de K0KDS
    Kevin

After a stretch of hot weather you start getting used to it. For instance you get hit with temps in the hundreds and when it drops back into the 90's you feel comfortable to the point where you don;t even think of putting on the air conditioner. Now I know how people in the old days managed without ac. They simply took the heat and got used to it.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    After a stretch of hot weather you start getting used to it. For instance you get hit with temps in the hundreds and when it drops back into the 90's you feel comfortable to the point where you don;t even think of putting on the air conditioner. Now I know how people in the old days managed without ac. They simply took the heat and got used to it.

Humidity is one of the reasons I don't think I could live there. Fires aside, at least out here when the heat hits triple digits, it drives the humidity into the single digits. There really is something to the "dry heat" thing.

Went for a 37-miler on the Ohio-Erie Towpath Trail/Olde Muskingum Trail about 10 this morning. Got back around 2:30 - temps started out in the low 70s, cloudy and about 50% RH. Comfortable riding conditions. About noon things started heating up/heading downhill; by the time we hit the trailhead at the end of the ride it was 88 degrees, bright sunshine and the humidity had risen into the 70+% area. Not fun - while tiring, this particular ride isn't draining...but both of us got our a$$es kicked today. Averaged 8MPH on the last several miles; down from our usual 15.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    Climate Change is a myth.
    :stickpoke:
    It's a natch cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Humidity is one of the reasons I don't think I could live there. Fires aside, at least out here when the heat hits triple digits, it drives the humidity into the single digits. There really is something to the "dry heat" thing.
    What we could really use is some "cold heat". :)

Last evening the heatwave went out with quite a bang, the worst storm I've seen in years. A horizontal downpour with lightning galore left numerous fires, downed trees and power lines in its wake, branches everywhere. No damage to my neighborhood while the scanner told the tale of what happens when Zeus gets angry. The coming week looks good, normal summer weather... for now.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

I'd be happy with some rain.

Except for a little bit on Friday 6/29, there hasn't been fuck all for rain. While lots of places to the south of me got hit with major damage, you would be hard pressed to know we had even a drop of rain here, let alone any wind.

Brown is not a fitting color for a lawn...
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Forum Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Went for a 37-miler on the Ohio-Erie Towpath Trail/Olde Muskingum Trail about 10 this morning. Got back around 2:30 - temps started out in the low 70s, cloudy and about 50% RH. Comfortable riding conditions. About noon things started heating up/heading downhill; by the time we hit the trailhead at the end of the ride it was 88 degrees, bright sunshine and the humidity had risen into the 70+% area. Not fun - while tiring, this particular ride isn't draining...but both of us got our a$$es kicked today. Averaged 8MPH on the last several miles; down from our usual 15.
    I'm 3 min/mile off my normal pace :(

At this point, I'd run in the rain if it meant 80 degrees instead of 100+. Looking like I'll get my wish this week.
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry