Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iT'S 103

Major rain and cooler temps. Colorado is no longer burning.

Lighting has slagged some equipment at work, however. Fun times!
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Tiki Bearer
    We are down to 79 where I'm at now. Time to go for a stroll.

This flight out of DC was cancelled, apparently the pavement wasn't good enough to withstand 100-degree temps and the plane sunk into the pavement a bit: http://i.imgur.com/Ir3wJ.jpg
    73 de K0KDS
    Kevin

Last Sunday it was 109 and the rest of the week was 98 to 102 and before that we were hitting 100- 106. Expecting some cooler temps after Sunday- 7/8.
    78º on Tuesday. I'm going to need a jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Major rain and cooler temps. Colorado is no longer burning.

Lighting has slagged some equipment at work, however. Fun times!
    61 and STILL raining this morning. This is poifect.

We are expecting strong storms again this evening and since my new truck won't fit in the garage I plan to park it in the city garage just in case there is hail. Don't want my baby to get dinged up.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    We are expecting strong storms again this evening and since my new truck won't fit in the garage I plan to park it in the city garage just in case there is hail. Don't want my baby to get dinged up.
    What'ya get?

Quote Originally Posted by ka4dpo View Post
    I was actually expecting strong storms here and for a while it felt (and looked) like we would get them. It was blazing hot, terribly humid, and the sky was turning that milky/hazy/ greyish-bluish white. But then it cleared up and nothing happened. I must admit I was a bit worried. I was afraid we might get hit with one of those derecho winds that happened just south of us last week.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Still hot here. Highs today are expected to be around 90. But, much cooler tomorrow, only 83 for the forecast high and most of next week they are only calling for 80-85 degrees as the highs.

Well, just think. Days are already getting shorter and nights longer. Pretty soon school will be open, temperatures will be getting nippy, lakes and rivers will freeze and snow will fall and we can piss and moan about the cold, ice, snowstorm, etc... Unless of course we get a winter like the last one.
    Last edited by n2ize; 07-08-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Still hot here. Highs today are expected to be around 90. But, much cooler tomorrow, only 83 for the forecast high and most of next week they are only calling for 80-85 degrees as the highs.

Well, just think. Days are already getting shorter and nights longer. Pretty soon school will be open, temperatures will be getting nippy, lakes and rivers will freeze and snow will fall and we can piss and moan about the cold, ice, snowstorm, etc... Unless of course we get a winter like the last one.
    Our lakes haven't froze completely in 3 years :(
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Our lakes haven't froze completely in 3 years :(
    Climate Change is a myth. :stickpoke:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.