Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: iT'S 103

iT'S 103

I just checked the tem and it is 103 degrees, hottern hocky sticks... Tomorrow we are likely to have the the same kind of nasty storms that knocked out our power last week. Try sleeping in a house with no AC when it's +90 outside and humid as crap.
    We never had weather like this before they started messing around with that internet stuff.

Fortunately in this area most of our heatwaves are somewhat blunted. If the official temps call for 98 we'll generally see 91 in this locale. Likewise, most of our heatwaves end with nary a drop opf rain or a clap of thunder. Storms (sometimes very severe) pass to our south and north leaving this area unscathed. Even when storms do hit they tend to be shifted away from us giving us the mildest impact. The same happens in winter. NYC will get a foot of snow, areas north of us will get a foot or more and this area will get 4 or 5 inches.

Last summer when NYC saw 104 degrees this area only saw about 96-98.
    Last edited by n2ize; 07-07-2012 at 06:54 PM.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Animals are really suffering in this heat. Had a groundhog come ambling around my driveway looking for water, so I put a couple bowls of it out for thirsty passers-by.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Animals are really suffering in this heat. Had a groundhog come ambling around my driveway looking for water, so I put a couple bowls of it out for thirsty passers-by.
    It's been a brutal heat wave. Fortunately there is supposed to be a break in the heat in some areas. For a little while at least.

Orca Whisperer
    I think the humidity broke here finally. It was quite nice outside today. 85 deg, and low humidity now that we got our rain. Expecting more tonight.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    I think the humidity broke here finally. It was quite nice outside today. 85 deg, and low humidity now that we got our rain. Expecting more tonight.
    Hah !! You should have been down here this afternoon. Not only was it hot but incredibly humid. All you could do was drip sweat. And it's still not much better. Somewhat cooler but still in the 80's and nasty humid. I'm doing a barbecue tonight and I am about to go out for another round of sweating.

I feel your pain. It's finally cooled off to a crisp 82 degrees and after the last few days we've had here, I feel like I should be wearing my winter jacket.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Hah !! You should have been down here this afternoon. Not only was it hot but incredibly humid. All you could do was drip sweat. And it's still not much better. Somewhat cooler but still in the 80's and nasty humid. I'm doing a barbecue tonight and I am about to go out for another round of sweating.
    That's how it's been here. Mid 80's in the morning, and mid 90's by midday; with 90% humidity.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Hit 81°F here today. Don't know the exact humidity but it was low, as usual, seeing how the Islets are essentially a desert. Very pleasant.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Made it to 102 according to my outside thermometers. JFC....
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.