Thread: Complete Drake 4-Line Station

Complete Drake 4-Line Station

Need the bucks, decided to sell the Drakes. It's going on the local Craig's List as well but I thought I'd offer it up to Islanders first.

Attachment 6376

R-4A receiver, late (11-tube) model
    T-4X transmitter
    AC-4 HV power supply, rebuilt using the Heathkit Shop kit
    MS-4 speaker and cabinet
    MN-4 antenna tuner
    Sure 450 microphone

All clean and in working condition, although the transmitter will need some tweaking and I think the finals are a bit soft. I'm asking $450 on Craig's List but will take a substantial discount from any Islander to make up for the shipping costs, which won't be cheap.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Obliquely apropos of this post, what do you say to some schmuck who calls up and asks "what's the lowest you can go?" I just told him to make me an offer but if anyone else has a better reply please post it.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Obliquely apropos of this post, what do you say to some schmuck who calls up and asks "what's the lowest you can go?" I just told him to make me an offer but if anyone else has a better reply please post it.
    A monumentally stupid question, but I get asked the same one every time I try to sell something. I usually go with "make me an offer" or "that's the price".
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nx6d View Post
    A monumentally stupid question
    That's what I thought too but I want his money so I was nice. He offered $350, I'd take $400. All I want to do is break even on the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    The correct answer to his question is $525.00. Now $450.00 doesn't sound too bad.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Master Navigator
    Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    The correct answer to his question is $525.00. Now $450.00 doesn't sound too bad.
    Wow, that makes it sound like the buyer is getting a 14% discount!. He should be pleased.