Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DISlike button

Banned

DISlike button

Nobody wants to be like Facebook. They have the "LIKE" button. Well why not an "DISLIKE" button. One where you can dislike someone's post.

Typically, no one here likes the posts of others so having a "LIKE" button is meaningless. But a "DISLIKE" button could be used all the time and we can gauge just how disliked we really are. So someone makes a comment and they get 10 dislikes. They like will feel bummed and all y'knew? But maybe they can rack up 25 to 50 of those on a single zinger, it could really make someone's day. Like they really made a difference in the world.

It would be a real morale booster here.

Or maybe a "what a stoopid fuk" button.
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 07-02-2012 at 03:48 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Banned
    Most forum software has a karma or rating plugin/option and you can customize it to be labeled however you want. But do we really want that here?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Or maybe a "what a stoopid fuk" button. It would almost make it worth joining, almost.
    That sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    Nobody wants to be like Facebook. They have the "LIKE" button. Well why not an "DISLIKE" button. One where you can dislike someone's post.

Typically, no one here likes the posts of others so having a "LIKE" button is meaningless. But a "DISLIKE" button could be used all the time and we can gauge just how disliked we really are. So someone makes a comment and they get 10 dislikes. They like will feel bummed and all y'knew? But maybe they can rack up 25 to 50 of those on a single zinger, it could really make someone's day. Like they really made a difference in the world.

It would be a real morale booster here.
    Dislike

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Dislike
    Well, it's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Rated View Post
    That sucks.

Well, you have to admit, it already happens a lot here, particularly in the political forum. It's just a little more subtle at times.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    Most forum software has a karma or rating plugin/option and you can customize it to be labeled however you want. But do we really want that here?
    If others want it, I would not.

I'd just be happy with the ability to ignore a particular thread.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I'd just be happy with the ability to ignore a particular thread.
    I ignore threads quite well. What used to get me was putting a member on ignore and then seeing what they wrote quoted by others and seeing their posts and threads, but with "Click here to view" next to them. Ignore should make all traces of the fucknut you're trying to ignore completely disappear. BTW, that's any forum, not just here, although these days I'm a lot more mellow than I used to be and don't really care too much anymore. I don't think I even have anyone on ignore here.