Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small parts exchange

Dupe
    Last edited by K7SGJ; 09-09-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Sure. http://stores.ebay.com/CES-AZ?_rdc=1

You will probably notice we are also listing a lot of personal shit we have collected over the years, and some comuter stuff I squirreled away over the years. It's never ceases to amaze me of all the crap you acquire in your early years, and how long it takes to get rid of it when you get older and realize you'll probably never need it.

Naturally, any Ebay prices are not what Islanders pay. They get charged list plus 40%. Often, if some one just needs a couple of inexpensive small parts, postage is all I would ask.

None of the small stuff other than fuses and a few other things are listed yet. All the components are a work in progress. We are trying to get this done by container, and we haven't gotten to the connectors, semis, resistors, caps, and all that yet.

Oh yeah, lots of old Miller coils, too. Need a peaking coil for a color burst circuit in a 1963 Sylvania console?

Thanks. Please keep us updated when you add new stuff.

Will do. I'm going to be doing the semi conductors, caps, and resistors, and that's going to take forever.

nice, listing all that stuff will be a full time job + overtime
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Sure. http://stores.ebay.com/CES-AZ?_rdc=1

You will probably notice we are also listing a lot of personal shit we have collected over the years, and some comuter stuff I squirreled away over the years. It's never ceases to amaze me of all the crap you acquire in your early years, and how long it takes to get rid of it when you get older and realize you'll probably never need it.

Naturally, any Ebay prices are not what Islanders pay. They get charged list plus 40%. Often, if some one just needs a couple of inexpensive small parts, postage is all I would ask.

None of the small stuff other than fuses and a few other things are listed yet. All the components are a work in progress. We are trying to get this done by container, and we haven't gotten to the connectors, semis, resistors, caps, and all that yet.

Oh yeah, lots of old Miller coils, too. Need a peaking coil for a color burst circuit in a 1963 Sylvania console?
    I'm sure your wife says this every day about you.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

In lieu of building something similar, does anyone have a handle on a Dentron CM-U, tuned input unit? It would certainly be easier right now to just purchase something than take the time (which is in short supply right now) to fab up a facsimile. Just wondering, thanks!

*on edit* - Yeah, this might not have been the right place to put this post. If someone with the ability would move it, that would be great.
    Last edited by WZ7U; 04-01-2017 at 03:28 PM. Reason: big aw shit moment

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Tuned inputs are still "components"...albeit collections of them.

Today, I'm on the hunt for some leaded, low-value (2-100pF) NP0 and temp-compensating ceramic disc capacitors. The NP0 units will have a black dot of paint atop them. The others will have lavender, green, blue, yellow or orange. If you have some of these in your stash which need a good home, let me know.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Speaking of such collections of components, where would you suggest is a decent place to get ferrite cores? Specifically T-68-2 and T-94-2. Not real familiar with ferrite rings. I could include the simple schematic of what I need to build if it would help, but I suspect you all know better than I what it is I'm contemplating.

If someone here has some, I would rather acquire from a fellow islander first. BKTU de WZ7U

Like that post was...
    Moving on, my posts are not helpful

Anyone have any pots around?

I need a 0 to 100 ohm pot.... could just order it. But I'm lazy :)
    --
    So there I was, totally naked. With only a rubber hose and a stuffed animal...