Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adopt a highway, KKK style

Adopt a highway, KKK style

Replacing litter with white trash. (thank you, Jay Leno)
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/06/11...est=latestnews
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Seems like we see these type of stories every few years..

Personally, I don't give a damn. Let them have their road sign if they participate within the rules of the program, I guess? Doesn't seem like it's worth fighting, which is what they probably want in the first place.

Volcano Tamer
    Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Seems like we see these type of stories every few years..

Personally, I don't give a damn. Let them have their road sign if they participate within the rules of the program, I guess? Doesn't seem like it's worth fighting, which is what they probably want in the first place.
    To wit I agree.

The Klan are a bunch of dipshits, but they enjoy equal protections, the same as any other political group I think are dipshits.
    I have never believed in the general practice of carrying weapons ... I do not believe in the general promiscuous toting of guns. I think it should be sharply restricted and only under licenses.
    -NRA President Karl T. Frederick

http://www.coreyreichle.com

If they're willing to clean up the trash deposited by all the fookin' slohbsother highway users, I don't care who gets a recognition sign emplaced. Says a lot that the easily offended won't clean up said garbage themselves.
    "To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    If they're willing to clean up the trash deposited by all the fookin' slohbsother highway users, I don't care who gets a recognition sign emplaced. Says a lot that the easily offended won't clean up said garbage themselves.
    Well said. This is not the battleground on which to take these guys anyway.
    N9XR

I'm just wondering, what if it was a gay group? They'd have their section of highway to clean up but I think the residents in N. Georgia would take a little extra pride in littering up that section possibly leading to a violent incident while they are out there. Something like bottles being thrown at the volunteers.
    Why does the Klan want to do this? Are their motives truly altruistic? Perhaps it is to start shit. Greenville won't let them march, and that's a good thing since the last time they marched in the 80s, when people on the sidewalks yelled at them, they retaliated with violence.
    What has changed with the Klan since the 80s? Are they a peace group now? No. Still a hate group and in this area, I know from personal experience that they are tied in with the Tea Party and the rightwing. Makes you wonder who's really running the Republican party from the common man's side. We already know the Kochs are running it from the top side.

It may very well be that they wish confrontation...but the more plausible explanation is that they're trying to "spin" public opinion.
    "To prohibit a citizen from wearing or carrying a war arm . . . is an unwarranted restriction upon the constitutional right to keep and bear arms. If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of constitutional privilege."

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    It may very well be that they wish confrontation...but the more plausible explanation is that they're trying to "spin" public opinion.
    Oh I'm sure they are trying to spin public opinion. Absolutely! Trying to legitimize themselves and become mainstream again. Only the most stupid will buy into this.

So where do we draw the line? Boy Scouts adopt highways, they discriminate based on sexuality and religion. Churches adopt highways, they discriminate on all sorts of levels too. Human rights groups adopt highways and have positions/opinions that others may not share. I think if you start banning groups like the KKK from adopting highways, you're subjecting dozens of other groups to the same scrutiny, whether that's fair or not. I only see two options here, let them have their highway area or disband the program entirely.