Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ham radio+Camping=Hamping!

Ham radio+Camping=Hamping!

It's never too early to get the rig set up to work a little picnic table portable JT-65 on 15M. It helps that the wife and child are off on some sort of guided nature hike as well.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Fuck that "nature" shit, work them digital modes!

BTW, I use a SignaLink USB as well. Nice little unit.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Yeah, the USB version is a lot better than the SL1+. I'm a lot happier with the pots to adjust levels than I ever was using the sliders in the software.

The nature stuff isn't too bad. I went for a walk with the girls just a bit ago. Here are a couple of the photos I snapped:

I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I see you use a "beverage" antenna?
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Neat.

I used to do something like that with a touring bike, an HW-8 and a few station peripherals. Power was obtained from the battery (a water-cooled motorcycle can idle indefinitely, acting as a generator...providing its cooling system in in good shape) and a wire thrown into a tree served as an antenna.

Would be nice to reprise that effort with a KX1 or similar.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Looks like chilled legumes. I'm wondering if our group will be able to get it together for FD this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Looks like chilled legumes. I'm wondering if our group will be able to get it together for FD this year.
    No field day for me this year. My youngest is going to nationals for gymnastics and it happens to land right on FD weekend. No wiggle room to get out of that. Kelli and her back will have nothing on me after spending two days in bleacher seating to watch a total of 8 minutes of gymnastics.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    No field day for me this year. My youngest is going to nationals for gymnastics and it happens to land right on FD weekend. No wiggle room to get out of that. Kelli and her back will have nothing on me after spending two days in bleacher seating to watch a total of 8 minutes of gymnastics.
    Good luck to you and your youngest. Good luck to your back too.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Camping and radio go together perfectly! Set up on the table, hook up to the mobile antenna and car battery....Fun!!!!

Nice pics. Been a while since I saw Leopard Frogs au natural. The others are great, too.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

There were LOTS of frogs. I mentioned to my wife that they seemed to be of near biblical plague proportion there. We also came upon a turtle that was laying eggs. Lots of birds, squirrels, etc.

I was using my plug in power supply there as we had commercial power available. If it isn't, I have a 20W solar panel and a powerpole pigtail on the camper battery. I can operate that was for a long time. Just can't run the a/c and that was a necessity the last couple of days.