Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Losing text in the edit window when I "Go Advanced" or "Preview"

Travis, do you happen to remember which post you couldn't edit?

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    Travis, do you happen to remember which post you couldn't edit?
    Traveling Pub Style: Post #16

I just tried again but no go. I was going to remove the links as they are no good.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

Leave it for just this second, please.

Leave it for just this second, please.
    No problem.

"A night sky full of cries. Hearts filled with lies. The contract: is it worth the price?"

It's the funky apostrophe in Pillar's name. Reply to yourself.. remove her name, the apostrophe, and the quote tags.. save.. and then I bet you'll be able to edit.

This isn't a good thing, but at least I know where to start tracking down the problem. I was having the same problem with the apostrophe in Mitt Romney's name from the WashPo article.. Ajax is choking on the encoding.

It's the funky apostrophe in Pillar's name. Reply to yourself.. remove her name, the apostrophe, and the quote tags.. save.. and then I bet you'll be able to edit.

This isn't a good thing, but at least I know where to start tracking down the problem. I was having the same problem with the apostrophe in Mitt Romney's name from the WashPo article.. Ajax is choking on the encoding.
    Yes, I can edit the "new" post. Still not the old post. I simply made a new post before with proper links. I was just curious whats up. As for the apostrophe, its from a Spanish Keyboard. A lot of the characters are slightly different on her keyboard.

Also, on a gaming forum I was mod on they had the same issue with said apostrophe not too long ago. If it is any help I could ask the admin what was causing the issue but I dont think they used the same forum software so I am not sure it will do any good.

Well, it's an UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 thing. Might even be a server setting.. because it's working on another implementation of vBulletin 4.2 that I have.. and all the other settings match AFAIK. Still researching.

Well, it's an UTF-8/ISO-8859-1 thing. Might even be a server setting.. because it's working on another implementation of vBulletin 4.2 that I have.. and all the other settings match AFAIK. Still researching.
    I know that in the past on some of the gaming forums I host I have had similar issues after upgrading. Me finding said issues is well...not gonna happen. Thank god I have my brother! xD

Fixed, in a janky sort of way. :wiggle:

:cool2:

Fixed, in a janky sort of way. :wiggle:

:cool2:
    That was quick.