Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: frequency question

SK Member 8/11/2015
    It's the Radioshack htx-10.I haven't got my htx-100 yet.All it's got is a fine tuning knob.

If you're getting lousy signal reports, you're probably on frequency ok. If you were off, you'd be told about it because you'd be mostly unintelligible. If you have a really low antenna, or a lot of loss in the antenna/transmission line combo, you'll get lousy reports. Also, except for one or two days recently, 10m has been pretty much a dead zone. MUF hasn't been that high.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

SK Member 8/11/2015
    I finally got my htx-100.It seems to tune in to the transmittinf frequency better. After a day of use I did the mic mod for higher mic gain seems to work better.

IMO, the '100 was the better rig. Its RF/AF board is similar to the HR-2510/2600, albeit with a better SSB filtering scheme.

I made a bunch of mobile contacts with my HR-series rigs throughout the late 80s into the 90s...and afterwards pressed them into service in a multiport packet radio BBS/gateway. They ran nonstop for over 10 years without a failure.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    At first, I thought it was about how often he should have sex.
    There's an app for that.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Good advice right there. I've been burned by that one a time or two.
    That's what made the Eico 753 so much fun. You couldn't turn off the RIT. Bigger problem than the drift.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    That's what made the Eico 753 so much fun. You couldn't turn off the RIT. Bigger problem than the drift.
    That wasn't a "problem," it was a feature—Eico's patented Lid-O-Matic tuning!
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Was the station DX?

If so, he may have been expecting stations calling him to be furthur offset from his frequency.

(Was he operating Spread Spectrum?) ;)