Thread: Free :: Kinda Broken Alinco DJ-V5

Free :: Kinda Broken Alinco DJ-V5

Alinco DJ-V5 -- 2m/70cm HT

The clips that hold the battery on it are cracked off and the battery is dead, otherwise, I believe it functions properly. You'd need to buy a new battery and somehow rig it up for your use. I suppose a power supply would work too. I had been using it for awhile, but the battery went completely dead and I was sick of duct taping it on. A resourceful person could bring it back to life if they wanted to; otherwise I'm going to pitch it -- I won't be a pack rat, but I hate to see it wasted.

Also the little rubber piece on the side that covered the D/C power hole is missing, but that's no big deal.

Will ship for free to a member in good standing, otherwise $10 and it's yours shipped CONUSA.

I"m interested, Thanks!!!!
    "Two is One, One is None"

"I used to think people were attracted to me because of my charm and personality
    but my doctor just told me it's because I'm so fat that I have my own gravitational pull!"

Quote <KA9MOT> : The Truth!
    ‎"The problem with posting quotes off the Internet is you never know if they're genuine."--Gen. George Washington at the Battle of Gettysburg, February 30, 1908

Sure thing.. as long as you'll actually try to make use of it, happy to send it your way.

PM me some shipping information and I'll get it in the mail this week sometime.

I'll repair and give it to one of my sons or their significant others, I'm good on QRZ, let me know what you need for shipping, Thanks!!!
    "Two is One, One is None"

"I used to think people were attracted to me because of my charm and personality
    but my doctor just told me it's because I'm so fat that I have my own gravitational pull!"

Quote <KA9MOT> : The Truth!
    ‎"The problem with posting quotes off the Internet is you never know if they're genuine."--Gen. George Washington at the Battle of Gettysburg, February 30, 1908

Quote Originally Posted by WR1O View Post
    I'll repair and give it to one of my sons or their significant others, I'm good on QRZ, let me know what you need for shipping, Thanks!!!
    Don't sweat it, I suspect it'll only be a couple of dollars to ship it USPS -- I'll send the battery shell, but I'm gonna clip the battery out of there (it's dead & heavy).

I learned recently that Mike at Alinco can get you any part you need to repair that radio. Cheap too!

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL