Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rifle Falls

Rifle Falls

Just got back from a coupla days in the Glenwood Springs / Rifle area. Mostly a brain "shutdown" with friends, but managed a side trip to Rifle Falls, Rifle Gap and Harvey Gap (A Colorado State Parks trifecta). Here's a shot of Rifle Falls:

More to come...

A few more.

Harvey Gap Reservoir:

Cactus in bloom:

Behind the falls:

OMG!!!!!!
    Ummmm, no I'm not peeing in my gas tank :)

Dude, that hill on the water is cool.

I'd still be burnin' one behind the falls there...
    Looks like my spot.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Cactus flowers! Rob, this is one of the pictures I took last week on Hatteras Island, appears to be a similar type of cactus:

DSC06615.JPG
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Looks like an Opuntia robusta to me, Luke. From the prickly pear family. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opuntia_robusta

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Looks like an Opuntia robusta to me, Luke. From the prickly pear family. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opuntia_robusta
    Yep, here is the whole plant:

and the yard it was in:

I had to trespass to get the close-up shot. There were "stay off'n my lawn" signs all around...
    QAnon / GOP Republicans mentally lack the necessary intelligence to even tell a decent lie (Ex: A cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles run a global child sex trafficking ring and conspired against former President Dotard dRUMPf during his term in office... Jewish space lasers, etc.). What in the hell makes anyone believe these melon heads can actually govern?

Similar flowers, but the main part of the plants are different. The open invitation to go hiking is still there Rob. :stickpoke:

I may try to do the VHF/UHF contest as a rover this year. About 4 years ago I was above Dotsero on Coffee Pot Road near Carbonite, CO. I was in a "rare grid", so I got a lot of excitement. Not sure about Field Day yet, tired of doing it with groups on the front range, Too Damn Hot!

I want to go to the mountains for FD too.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman