Thread: Indy 500 & CocaCola 600

Indy 500 & CocaCola 600

Anyone else drowning themselves in racing this fine Sunday afternoon?

The Indy 500 this year was really quite good, very competitive. Jim Nabors wasn't there to sing Back Home In Indiana, but he did deliver his traditional song via video. Very time I hear Gomer Pyle sing.. I'm just shocked. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Amazing how many classically trained people get sucked into such dopey roles. :)

Watching the 600 now.. *yawn* Not sure when it happened, but for decades I was a major NASCAR fan.. but now, I just can't seem to give a fuck. They ruined it.. somehow. Can't put my finger on it, but I just can't be bothered to give a fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post

The Indy 500 this year was really quite good, very competitive. Jim Nabors wasn't there to sing Back Home In Indiana, but he did deliver his traditional song via video. Very time I hear Gomer Pyle sing.. I'm just shocked. Surprise! Surprise! Surprise! Amazing how many classically trained people get sucked into such dopey roles. :)

Watching the 600 now.. *yawn* Not sure when it happened, but for decades I was a major NASCAR fan.. but now, I just can't seem to give a fuck. They ruined it.. somehow. Can't put my finger on it, but I just can't be bothered to give a fuck.
    Might be interesting if occasionally someone made a right turn.
    A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory

RIP ALBI-W3MIV RIP RUSS-W5RB RIP BOB-VK3ZL

Gosh, never heard that one before! Come up with it all by yourself?

With all the new spoilers, fuel injection, front splitters, they sucked the life out of it. My fan-ness is waning too.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Took the words right out of my mouth, Eddie.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Can't, there is a wall there!!!!!! Except on road courses...

Watch in a couple of weeks, they will be in California at Infineon, bunch of right turns.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post

GP of Monaco too!

NASCAR aint stock car racing anymore.... I'm still a big fan because of the drivers but they should change the name to IROC because the format is the same. Identical cars, none of which represent anything that can be bought off of the showroom floor.

"One man with courage makes a majority." ~ Andrew Jackson

Steve KA9MOT
    Macomb, IL

Quote Originally Posted by KA9MOT View Post
    GP of Monaco too!

NASCAR aint stock car racing anymore.... I'm still a big fan because of the drivers but they should change the name to IROC because the format is the same. Identical cars, none of which represent anything that can be bought off of the showroom floor.
    Yeah, I think that's definitely something lost over the years... are they racing Stock Cars -- that is, cars that you could buy right off the showroom -- or not? Right now, well, it's not.

And guys, I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade... I just don't enjoy modern racing much anymore. Bore ing. I guess 30 years of watching the Vintage nutz race does that to you.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Forum Addict
    Wake me up for Le Mans.

Although I did watch Monaco :)
    Jim
    The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but plunges us more deeply into them. - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry